1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News "PS3 still needs a defining game"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Sep 2008.

1. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Molyneux is an idiot, sorry. what defines the 360? Gears? Many better games and shooters around then that arcade shooter. Molyneux is biased and takes himself to seriously.

2. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Ps3 continues to outsell the 360 worldwide in the same time the 360 was out.

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

PS3 may not have a couple defining games that sell/appeal to 5+ million gamers at the moment, but there is a slew of great exclusives out that are both AAA and PSN-downloadable that make the console worth owning. Honestly, it is because of Sony not defining their console with adolescent, teenager shoot-em ups that made me purchase their console in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Halo 3/Gears are great games, but like Lepermessiah said above, there are plenty of other great shooters out there. With that said, it's good to hear Molyneux recognizing LBP as a possible definer.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think you guys are too fanboyish (not you devdevil) the other two, Molyneux is not an idiot, he's not closing off any possibility of the PS3 having a defining game but as yet there isn't anything that makes me go "WOW", the reason I bought a PS3 is because they finally got DS and LBP! There's not been anything else that's attracted me.

5. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

The player defines the games success, not what some ****** sitting behind a desk tells me.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Well, lets see how many copies of Fable II sell and if it defines the 360. I dont think alot of joe public know much about it. I didnt even know of the first fable.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

more people know about MSG series than Fable. if u think PS3 doesnt have anything to define it so far, then dont even bother mentioning Fable 2......

8. staples

staples What's a Dremel?

I completely agree.
    One of the reasons the 360 will continue to be success is the fact that is has a strong selection of defining games.

The PS3 just doesn't offer this just yet and while it does have some good games its library really isn't all that special.
    I completely expect this to change and Little Big Planet is going to be one hell of a step forward but it is not about being a fan boy it is just obvious.
    The PS3 is a lovely bit of kit but the fact remains if you just want to play a wide selection of games right now, with a fair few excellent titles and low prices on traded games you would be mad not getting a 360.

Tags: Add Tags