1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PS5's first major update delivers USB storage options

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 14 Apr 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The first update should have been better availability of the console itself :thumb:

3. GtrainRx7

GtrainRx7 What's a Dremel?

"but you can play titles stored on the external driver."
    Do you mean "but you can't play titles stored on the external drive."?

Arboreal and Fizzban like this.
  4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

It is better than nothing. But it feels late when you consider how much a modern game needs to install, and how much space they give you. By all means get on the m.2 drives Sony!

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The PS5 is basically bottom of my list of things I want to buy for various reasons. I was already lacking interest in it as there are currently no games on it I want, and finding one is essentially impossible in Japan. Sony appear to have (correctly) noted that Japanese gamers will wait for a PS5, rather than go to XBox or whatever.

I always favoured Playstation over the XBox because most of the games I wanted to play were on it, but Sony's attitude with their recent PS3/Vita announcement has me quite irritated. So it adds a big reason for me not to buy one. Will a one person boycott do anything to them? No. But if enough people did...

Frankly, the Playstation games I might want to play... will now wait until they hit PC. I was amazed when the Disgaea games started coming to Steam, even more amazed when Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human landed on Steam, and while I don't really want to sign up to the Epic Games Store, even buying the Kingdom Hearts games at the utterly ridiculous prices being demanded by SquEnix/EGS would cost less than a PS5, so...

Tags: Add Tags