1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSone clip on lcd tft screen.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by fishthecat, 7 Mar 2002.

1. fishthecat

fishthecat What's a Dremel?

Can anyone tell me if the clip on 5" TFT screens you can get for the PSone take normal video input? If someone's got one, could you post a piccy of the connections on it?
    I'm wondering if I could mod one into a case, as a cheaper alternative to the £130 Maplin 4" screen?
    You can get non-sony 5" ones from Argos for £100.

2. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

i have no clue, but thats a good idea.... might be somethin to look into... sorry i couldnt help...

3. TwiSteD LoGic

TwiSteD LoGic What's a Dremel?

GREAT IDEA!!!

I have not heard of using it for such an application, but I know people who are searching for a way to use it as a normal LCD screen for their car so they can hook up a DVD player. I will ask around see if anyone found anything on it, I know the connections wont be the same, but it will help alot... Ill get back to you on this one

4. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

5. Kronus

Kronus What's a Dremel?

can a 5" LCD fit in 3 floppy drives from a Lian Li pc 71 ?? cause i'm going to do the mod with a 4"... but if a 5" can fit in there, i'd spend the extra $$$$ and put a 5'' instead

6. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

ya the 5" will fit ... its 5" diagonal .... i looked at them in person last week. very thin. thinner than a pack of smokes. the tutorials i saw about this 3bay lcd screen all used this or a very very similar lcd ..

7. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

that is a very good idea!
    have u tried e-mailing afrotech mods because he has wired his playstation up to his grapgics card. he may know how you could use that screen!
    just a thought

Last edited: 8 Mar 2002
  8. fishthecat

How do I email afrotech?

Um, being a newbie to this forum, can you tell me how I find afrotech's addy, or is there a e-mail link somewhere?

9. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

10. fishthecat

Thanks. :)

11. DigitalDad

DigitalDad What's a Dremel?

As far as the original question about the LCD... I was looking into them a few weeks back to install into my car to hook up to a vcr for the kids on those long trips. The PSOne outputs standard NTSC composite video along with seperate R/L audio, so it's acceptable to say that the LCD that clips on the back of these will accept NTSC video.

12. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

i realy like the idea of using the playstation lcd...cause i can run down to wallmart and get one, instead of ordering the bare kit from the states or where ever.....the ps screen is about 200 cdn so the price is comparible or even a bit cheaper than ordering the parts.........you could motorize it, and place it on top of the case somehow.....rig it up via a servo or whatnot to an mo lcd, hit a key, turn on a gpo, and pop up the small color screen....

13. Boggy

Boggy What's a Dremel?

any joy from afrotech?
    keep us posted on any new developments#:D

14. enfer_know

enfer_know What's a Dremel?

does anybody know how to send video signals from the analog output and composite output......i know there is the twinview thing by nvidia but my geforce2 ti doesn't support that.....if that is possible.........it would be nice to have the normal desktop and whatnot on your monitor and say a visualization or screen saver on one of those lcds.................