1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD installed and operational!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bee2643, 26 Feb 2004.

1. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

edit: ok found it, but still nothing :( . Do i have to change something with powerstrip for tvout or something? I hope not, since both the lcd and my monitor get the same signal.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2004
  2. ajampaniki

Could someone check wich points from the psc connector go to the lcd? Cause i cant find any on mine that do :(

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Shouldn't have to. Is the backlight working? Also, does the graphic card recognise the screen, and is yours is the PAL version?

4. ajampaniki

The backlight is working. It's strange cause sometimes i only get backlight and sometimes i get the black and white stripes. Havent found out when it does that tho. It should be the PAL version since i;m from holland, but cant be 100% sure.

I dont actually see if the screen is being recognised. I can togle tvout on, but nothing happens. If i put the cable to my tv it works just fine.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2004
  5. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

try wiring to vga

6. ajampaniki

Ya i could try that, but i dont have the origenal sony screen. And ive looked at the prints and none of the connection from the psx connecter have a direct connection to the lcd. Could anybody tell me if that is the same for the sony screen?

7. ajampaniki

Ive tried to find some info on the screen and found out that its a lq6an101 sharp screen. Found something about it being 320x234xRGB also. But this is prolly the case with every screen.

8. douphus

douphus What's a Dremel?

Hi, I did not read the entire thread as it was getting a little too long but my question is:

Has anyone modded the LCD into a sliding out sort of mechanism that can be hidden in the 5.25 bay when not in use? I saw it in a maximum pc rig of the month but it was a different LCD.

9. Nexxo

If it is recognised, you should see two monitors in Display Properties, neither of which is shaded out. Right-click on the 2nd monitor to access its properties. If you have the PAL screen (probably so, if it's an European model) then you should set the Display Properties TV-out to PAL as well. If you can't do it through Display Properties, perhaps you need to throw a tiny DIP switch on the graphic card (consult the manual). But first of all, your PC needs to recognise the screen.

10. ajampaniki

It is being recognised, but it just doesnt turn on :( . When i start my computer my monitor is the same as when i start it on with my tv on it, cause it gets a diffrent resolution when it's on. But my lcd doesnt display anything :( .

I can acces the properties of the screen, although it's not the second monitor. I can acces then throu the tvout screen. I have set it to pall but still nothing. Could it be that i have to change the resolution and colors for the lcd for it to work?

And could i be that it doesnt work cause i can only make the lcd display a clone of my monitors immage, and not set a diffrent resolution etc for it?

11. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Anyone know if a 5900 XT supports C Sync?

I'm thinking of doing the mod but I don't want to mess with Powerstrip (never liked it), I would like to do the least amount of work but I could do the C Sync mod mentioned in the article.

I just want to know before I spent the cash for the LCD.

12. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

#%&#@#&% I had it working a few nights ago on my Millenium, the monitor on the radeon 9800xt. Now when I plug the lcd into the millenium, doesnt go below 30. :wallbash:

13. smithm5

smithm5 What's a Dremel?

okay....read pages 1-12.....but at work so cant read all...here are my questions.....

I have a X800XTPE (AGP). can i hook up VGA to dvi using adapter? or should i switch that with main moniter?

If i cant use both plugs, what is a cheap card to run it? radeon 7000? etc....

also....still very confused!!!!

HOW DO YOU ALL GET POWER???????????????????

thanks...i cant wait to start this mod...will look great with my matrix orbital screen adn stealthed drives:)

Mike

14. jaceace32

jaceace32 What's a Dremel?

pics because i dont want to short the lcd

Can someone send some pics of the psone lcd in a computer case and how it looks like in the inside, how its mounted, etc, etc? I have everything set up and wanted to know if the metal of the case or the drive slots would short the lcd. I've been looking everywhere but havent seen any innard pics of the case with the lcd installed.
    my email is jaceace34@yahoo.com help a brotha out
    i'll definitely include pics when its all done with.

15. DeckerZ

DeckerZ What's a Dremel?

Perfect PSOne MOD

Read some of the posts here, and of course like any intersted person tried it myself. Results were perfect.
    [​IMG]

I used the PSOne screen in my FMC (Flight Management Computer), as used in flight sim. Again the results are excellent, and it fits perfectly behind the FMC. [​IMG][​IMG]

If you wish to see any more photos, or how I done it visit my web site. it is mainly dedicated to flight sim, but the mod is there with photos of the wiring.

http://return.to/737NG

16. brinx38

brinx38 What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if the ribbon cable from the LCD itself to the PCB can be detached at both ends.. I think this 30 pin cable could be used as an extension https://secure.lumenlab.com/shop/group.php?id=6

If not, how do you guys go about extending the ribon cable?
    THANKS..

17. Nexxo

Wow, DeckerZ... :jawdrop: You guys take home flight simulators to a whole new level...