1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD installed and operational!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bee2643, 26 Feb 2004.

1. skotbytes

skotbytes What's a Dremel?

I thought the power was just a pass through and that the unit had to be connected to a psone to work without modding. I just want a simple way to connect it up to see if it works.

Also the multi av to 3 plug composite, does this work both ways?
    i.e console multi av out -->yellow composite on tv
    yellow composite tv out--> lcd multi av in

or is it just a one way cable and a pass through on the lcd?

Cheers

Scott

Last edited: 10 Mar 2004
  2. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

just plug the power in and play with the volume +/- button and see it change the meter up and down

as for the composite question i have no clue, the yellow is the video line so thats what youd hook up to the tv/computer (if you go the composite route)

3. skotbytes

currently trying s-video to composite out of pc the composite to 3.5mm plug into screen but no joy. The 3.5mm plug only has one stripe round it so it may be that.

bee2643 good tutorial m8 will give it a go once i know screen is working.

Scott

4. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

thanks, but again, if you plug in the power and play with the settings you should see stuff on the display

5. BladeRelic

BladeRelic What's a Dremel?

i have been following this thread quite closely and i must say.... because of your help, i got my li'l lcd screen working. there's still a few li'l problems with it, but everything is great. :D

6. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

glad to hear :)
    just keep playing with the clock rates, make sure composite sync and interlaced are both selected, and then you should be fine

7. BladeRelic

ok interlaced is selected... but when i select "composite sync" it goes crazy. plus powerstrip tends to mess with my primary display at times... so i have to end up restarting my computer to get the display back

8. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

itll go crazy, play with the clock and match them closely to mine (as seen on my site)
    put the pixel clock to 12mhz and work around from there

9. BladeRelic

i can never get my settings like yours, when i change one setting, the numbers in a few other settings also change

10. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

just set the pixel clock to 12
    and then change the other clocks and experiment
    the top settings should be able to get close

11. BladeRelic

this is the best i can get it (note, composite sync is off)

[​IMG]

the screen isnt flickering, but its also not aligned. with composite sync on, all i get is flickering :waah:

12. BladeRelic

and here are my settings to get that:
    [​IMG]

13. BladeRelic

ok, with those settings and a li'l bit of playing around. i got it working (still without composite sync). everything's good, but when i restart my computer, i have to go thru all this crap again. i even have to hook up another monitor to the it. have you found a way around that?

14. SWFREE

SWFREE What's a Dremel?

hi, im using not the original psone tft. :duh: im using the thrustmaster psone tft, there are lots of tutorials how to mod the original psone tft to direct rgb - vga input, but for the thrustmaster there seems to be only 1 page with a tut,but its dead since a long time... :waah: does anyone have experience with the thrustmaster psone tft display?

my display accepts at the moment only the composite signal, but in the tutorial is shown how to solder the vga cable to supply it with the rgb signal...

argh... ive buyed 2 of them on ebay, but then ive heard that thing with the composite only :wallbash:
    i dont want to buy a expensive vga to composite adaptor that gives a crappy image,and i havent the skill and material to make one myself.

please,someone help me, there must be someone who have done this mod with the thrustmaster display... or where a different tutorial for it is..

thank you

15. skotbytes

Does powerstrip work with composite or just vga?

Scott

16. johnhowell

johnhowell What's a Dremel?

Custom monitor .inf file?

Anyone know if it would be possible to put all the needed info into a monitor .inf file and use that instead of having to fiddle with powerstrip?

J.

17. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

I wish some incredibly clever person :idea: would figure out how to make the gfx card detect this as a monitor so it didnt need a hotswap, thats the only thing stopping this from being totally feasible to use day to day as a second monitor unless your pcs on 24/7 :(

18. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

a site was posted earlier
    mines boots
    i have the pci/agp boot method selected and the lcd plugged into the pci
    if this doesnt work for you a 75ohm resistor between each RGB signal and its appropriate ground should suffice

as for your clocks, composite sync needs to be selected
    then set your pixel clock to 12.130, scan rate to 15.163, and refresh rate to 28.937 and then make minute adjustments and play around, those 2 options need to be selected

play around with the resizing buttons too, they will help you out

19. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

yes i posted that previous method :p its just none seems to have got it to work yet, my problem is that i have a dual output card so unless it actually detects a monitor it wont supply a signal to the second output, its much easier with 2 cards as they will both supply a signal to their primary vga connector regardless.

20. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

thats the only case youd need to use that in also
    if you run it like mine it detects the monitor
    i also notice that if the card doesnt support csync it wont boot off the display