1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. kopite

kopite What's a Dremel?

They did 32 mb mystiques?!?!?I thought the biggest was 8mb :S

2. Oshannon

Oshannon What's a Dremel?

I know I'm quoting myself, but I wanted to save some time. Does anyone think this will work? I want to be able to use this screen as a monitor for lan games. I don't really like carrying six things around and thought this would eliminate taking my $300 flat screen everywhere. I don't play anything at LAN games besides Age of *** games anyways. I'd rather play FPS games, but none of my friends are into them at the moment. :sigh:

Last edited: 16 Feb 2005
  3. effbee

effbee What's a Dremel?

Yeah your right, I was gettin mixed up between the 32mb 7000 and the mystique is 8mb. Oshannon, it *should* work. I wouldn't recommend using the PsOne LCD as a main monitor cause you running 640x480 on a little 5" screen :p it's bad enough trying to read text I couldn't imagine playing a game on it.

4. kopite

kopite What's a Dremel?

So the 7000 does the job as well mate?

In regards to the screen size would there be any noticeable difference btween the mystique and the 7000?

5. effbee

effbee What's a Dremel?

I never could get the right settings in Powerstrip for the 7000 so I ended up putting the Mystique in so I could finish the mod. If anyone with a 7000 could tell me their Powerstrip settings or has any tips for Powerstrip to get a good signal I'd appreciate it :D

6. kopite

kopite What's a Dremel?

My screen is sitting at home at the mom :D

Gonna get a composite cable first to make sure it works before I start hacking.

7. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

Those that are getting theirs up and perfect, plz post your timings. TIA :thumb:

8. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Hmmm I've got a 4MB asus PCI graphics card. who has a PSOne LCD lying around and doesn't mind selling it for cheep to this poor (in every sense of the word :D) guy?

How about a mini TFT screen, that's another cool application for this. Put it on a gooseneck or semothing and have it mobile and cool.... Schweeet.

9. Migishu

Migishu What's a Dremel?

I'm curiously wandering, has anyone tried, instead of using a VGA to VGA cable, using a DVI to DVI cable?

And if so, has it worked?

10. Negroo

Negroo What's a Dremel?

hi, I`m new in bit tech.
    I bought a psone lcd some days ago and tried to mod it. I´ve soldered the cables as shown in the guide, but I can´t make windows let me configure it.
    im using an ati 9600 and it works fine with two monitors.
    I can´t even see the volume o bright bars when I click de buttons
    any ideas? tnxz

11. smoguzbenjamin

Did you give it power? :confused: Cos if the volume indicators don't show up on the screen (I'm assuming they should) even if there's nothing plugged in that's wierd.

12. Negroo

Negroo What's a Dremel?

yes, the screen is plugged. i´m not using an original psu because i don´t have it. maybe is that. what do you think? the strange thing about it is that for some moments I could see this things.
    bye the way. what happens if you plug the screen to 7.5v but you don´t plug it to the vga? do the volume and brightness controls show up?
    tnxz

Last edited: 27 Feb 2005
  13. sHARD>>

sHARD>> What's a Dremel?

Two questions about buying one of these screens:

1) Do the ones off EBGames.com include the power adapter?
    2) Do the ones from EBGames generally work well (no dead pixels, wicked scratches, etc). They are used.

14. smoguzbenjamin

That's odd. Try giving it a composite signal, you should have got an S-video -> composite adapter with your videocard. See if that works.

15. Negroo

Negroo What's a Dremel?

i don´t have a s-video--> composite cable =(
    does the screen powers up only with 7,5v or it needs to recieve signal so it turns on?

16. smoguzbenjamin

I donno, I don't have one (alas :sigh: ). I guess it should just fire up with 7.5v, but are you sure your power supply can source enough current? Otherwise I'm thinking bad lighting...

17. btk100

btk100 What's a Dremel?

I did bought one from them. It was in perfect condition but without any power cable: I emailed them 3 times for that and they sent me one each time but the wrong one every time (I think 7.5V 3A are rare). I finally bought a car plug off ebay for almost nothing, and you can mod it to work from your PSU.

Hope I helped you,

Jon.

18. sHARD>>

sHARD>> What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, so it has to be 7.5V 3A? I wonder if Radio Shack can provide (their website has a great selection as you obviously know already). Just as long as there is nothing special about it.

19. Negroo

Negroo What's a Dremel?

the power supply im using is a 7.5 v 800mA shuld it be enought?
    tnxz for everything

20. sHARD>>

sHARD>> What's a Dremel?

Really? Some claim that nothing less than 3A works.

Tags: Add Tags