1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE wiring question !?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by karrektor, 22 Jul 2004.

1. karrektor

karrektor What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

ok got all my bits together ready to wire this sukker up looked at the guides,
    gone to solder up and ! whats that blue wire on the left hand set of pins in looks like pin 2 on most pics of the rewiring? (the connnector that usualy isnt ringed on diagrams ) just wondered where that is connected as blue on the main part is pin 3 to vga 9.

so this blue wire is pin 2 to ?

help im so close !!!!!!!!

2. plazymburn

plazymburn What's a Dremel?

i've wondered what that was too, chose to ignore it though, how come noone answers questions about this mod much anymore

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I have no idea, but if it's not in the guides then you can probably ignore it safely.

On a different note, anyone have a clue how I'd go about hooking this up to S-Video? All of the guides cover VGA but none seem to do S-video (which I would certainly think would mean no fiddling around with the powerstrip stuff...)

4. MegaRouge

MegaRouge What's a Dremel?

All you need for S-Video is the right cable. There's a port on the back of the LCD that you plug it into, then plug the other end into the TV-out on your video card. No soldering, no messing around with Powerstrip or having to use a second video card. The picture's not too bad either.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oh it's native S-video? Same with composite too (not that I'd need it)? I've never seen one in person. Well, that sure simplifies things :) I'm planning to use it as the main display for one of the tiny VIA boards (which have s-video out, and an RCA for either digital audio or composite video :rock:), I found that a distributor lives maybe a half hour away from me :)

Yeah I've seen the difference between S-video and composite.. it's definately noticible. I have my playstation hooked up to my AIW video card... it was kinda blurry with the comp. now it's just blocky with S-video but that's normal since it is a PS1... graphics are less than stellar. Actually the comp. kinda blurred it enough to almost have an antialiasing effect lol

6. karrektor

karrektor What's a Dremel?

illusive blue wire!!!

hehe ok if u guys got em working without using the wire ill skip it too )

7. adamjones01101

adamjones01101 What's a Dremel?