1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp emulater help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RickyT, 1 Nov 2005.

1. RickyT

RickyT What's a Dremel?

I have heard of all these people having emuaters on their psp's. I can not figure out how to gat any on my psp. Can anyone, show me how to?
    i have version 1.51 if that helps

2. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

Not that im encouraging it, u need v 1.5 but i suppose there may be a way to downgrade at ur own risk

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

4. ajiKaBooM!

Alot of new games coming out on PSP will require you to upgrade firmware so ask yourself if its really worth it

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

You can (fairly easily) fool your PSP into thinking it is running the newer firmware.

although it seems this doesn't work with GTA:LCS apparently. You need to have v2 to play that game. It's a bit of a pain but you can upgrade to play the game and then downgrade to play other stuff.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2005
  6. ajiKaBooM!

I will get the GTA game over the weekend btw Argos offering £5 gift voucher when u spend over £50

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Though I have heard scare stories about the firmware changing and stuff, something about it can only be done around 400 times or so because the EEPROM isnt designed to be written to all that often or something.
    Apparently most of the version number changers "touch" the firmware so it counts as a write.
    Not entirely sure how true these stories are though but personally I just run 1.5 as I dont actually like the look of many of the newer games right now :)

8. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

Edited because of new rules.

Last edited: 6 Nov 2005
  9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It totally depends on what you want out of it. There aren't really any good browsers for 1.5 yet. Mind you, I think the browser in 2.0 isn't worth it personally.

The best bit about 1.5 for me are the emulators. I have loads of old games that I like to play. Metal slug is one of my favourite games ever. I'm alos playing through some of my old SNES games at the moment - Chrono trigger, Super R-type, Final Fantasy 3, Earthworm Jim - to name a few. Mainly due the lack of decent RPGs on the PSP. I'm hoping that the new Tales of Eternia coming out soon for PSP will be good enough so that I can play a proper PSP RPG game.

10. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

This will only work if the game is dependent on functionality that exists in the newer firmware.

Tags: