1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp headphones

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Springs, 27 Sep 2005.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

any one no where i can get some decent headphones for the psp... i would like to keep the remote part and just get the small headphones..

any ideas?

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

If you want ear-bud style ones then Sennheiser MX550s would be a good choice. They are an open design so you can still hear whats going on around you. If you want total noise isolation then have a look at Shure's offerings.

3. neillyb

neillyb What's a Dremel?

Personally, I find the ones bundled with the PSP value pack to be more than satisfactory :O

4. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

Sony Ex71SL 's are a awsome quality earbuds but they are the proper in ear type. One thing you mentioned is that you wanted to keep the remote the Ex71's come with a detachable extension that you can remove if you want to use a remote with them, and they are waay cheaper than any of Shure's offerings. Heres some more info : http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_MDR_EX71SL_WK_black/4505-6468_7-30520512-2.html

5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

the ones that come with the psp are the worst ever.... limited to 90db.... can hardly hear any movies that are played, music is ok .. but like i said cant hear the movies..

i will have a look at whats been offered..

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

you can use any earphones with a standard jack with the remote (it doesn't use the mini jack that was popular with the earlier batch of sony minidisc/CD player remotes.

7. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i no that... its just i dont want the extra length of cable..

8. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

You must be half deaf if you can't hear movies using the bundled ear phones, mine are quite loud enough especially if you change the UMD volume to +2 in the movie settings.

9. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

my headphones suck, listening to my psp using my brothers (jap) headphones and its much louder... not sure if mine are busted or just if jap ones arnt limited, either way i need a new pair! I'm gonna wait and see what the ones which come with the w800i are like, should save a few pennies if i dont need to buy another pair!

10. [sinz]

[sinz] What's a Dremel?

I use Etymotic ER6i earbuds. They're isolating so you never hear outside noise and the sound quality is pretty good. They're a bit expensive though, I paid $115 USD for them but I needed the isolation feature and I have a very discerning ear.

Tags: