1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PSP Homebrew Hexen II released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Jun 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Owning both a DS and PSP, they both have games very worthy of playing. I found myself surprisingly addicted to Dr K's Brain Training whilst on holiday earlier last month. Then after getting a PSP once I got back, got completely hooked on Loco Roco. Burnout's pretty time consuming and GTA:LCS is pretty awesome. Perhaps it's the type of gamer I am, but the DS stops paper blowing about atm.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have both and dont see any other games worth buying on DS apart from the 2 I have. My psp I mainly use at the moment to listen to pod casts on my way to work. Want to get a 8gb duo for more music and videos etc. Also want metal slug at somepoint and bomberman and the megadrive collection.

Hexan was a great game. I used to have that years ago on 486. great game along with doom at the time

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

DS all the way for me. Only reason I am currently looking for a PSP is for the PS1 games.

5. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

What are you talking about... I didn't hack my PSP and run homebrew on it... :worried:

Edit: If, hypothetically of course, I HAD a hacked PSP, this would be something I would check out. Yes... hypothetically... *commences evil laughter*

Last edited: 6 Jun 2007
  6. CardJoe

I go with the DS too, partly because its more creative, partly because the lite is so small and cool and partly because it's cheaper.

7. leonardob80

leonardob80 What's a Dremel?

DS is a console.... psp is a portable media center... can play music, videos and pics... AND you can play games and surf the web....

By the way... i have a psp :D

8. Morphine-Kitty

I own a PSP as well, but I appreciate the DS as a console because of it's innovate design. The only thing I don't like about the DS is the lack of a good homebrew scene. That's the only reason I own a PSP. Homebr3w 4 lyf :rock:

9. CardJoe

DS can play Mp3s and surf the web too using GBA movie player or any of the available Slot-1 homebrew devices which are just plug and play. From what I hear though the media capabilities of the PSP are nothing to write home about, clunky design and UI and so forth, though granted you don't need to buy the extra devices to do it.

As far as I'm aware Homebrew on the Ds is MUCH more alive than the PSP, purely because not only can you use all the DS homebrew thats been developed (including quake and ScummVM which lets you play all the old Lucasarts adventure games like Monkey Island), but you can also use all the old GBA homebrew apps and games, which is a massive amount. Plus theres all the emulation it can do.

10. leonardob80

leonardob80 What's a Dremel?

same for psp... it can even emaulta GBA... :D

11. Morphine-Kitty

Of course you get excited over that Joe. :p

Just for that, I'm going to look for Monkey Island for my PSP! Take that, CardJoe's rebuttal.

Tags: Add Tags