1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU PSU Problem? + FPS lag

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aevitas, 12 Mar 2009.

1. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Hey all,

I purchased this PSU (Enermax Coolergiant 600W) about 1.5 years ago? Can't remember exactly, anyway, I want to put the PSU in my PC but I'm pretty sure 1 connector is missing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure the 4-pin connector for the MB is missing, but that's weird because I'm pretty sure every single PSU has one. I remember sending the PSU to the shop I bought it from for some testing (which came out OK). Maybe they forgot to send it back with it? Are these cables available online?

2nd problem:
    I got a 550W PSU in my PC at the moment. But lately I've been having some weird FPS issues while playing games.

I have no idea what is causing this. I updated my videocard drivers, I actually formatted my pc and reinstalled everything properly. I recently purchased 2GB more RAM (got 4GB now) and an audigy x-fi extreme music, I installed them properly and installed the drivers for the soundcard.

My system is below. I personally think it could have something to do with my harddrive, but I don't hear any weird sounds or whatever. I usually run around 75FPS playing (america's army) but for some reason I go down all the way to 20-ish at times. Which is really weird since I never ever went that low. Any ideas?

My specs in case you missed my signature:
    Intel Q6600
    4 GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM
    Sapphire x1900xtx 512MB
    Asus P5K
    Hitachi Desktar 250gb HDD, Western Digital Raptor 74GB HDD (windows HDD)
    Audigy X-Fi Extreme Music

2. Joekerh

Joekerh Penniless enthusiast

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

For your second problem, are you noticing any undue slowness in hard drive heavy applications?