1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Psychology study - participants needed

Discussion in 'General' started by meandmymouth, 30 Nov 2017.

1. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Modder

Morning Bit-tech,

I'm here to ask a favour. My other half is in the final year of her Clinical Psychology Doctorate course and is looking for study participants. At the moment she is looking for adults aged between 18 and 50 who had a sibling who experienced OCD during their childhood. If this applies to anyone here or if you know of anyone it might apply to I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take part or pass it on.
    All the information is below. Thanks in advance to anyone who does take the study as it's a fairly niche subject.

N.B. for the moderators, if this break any sort of forum rule I apologise. Please just take this down and let me know.

"Dear all,

As part of my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology I am recruiting participants for my study: The effect of having a sibling with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): predictors of sibling relationship quality and would be grateful if you would considering taking part.

What are the aims of this study?

This study aims to investigate the impact growing up with a sibling who suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) has on sibling relationships both in the past and at the present time. Through this study we hope to gain a better understanding of the possible effects there might be on a child who lives with a sibling with OCD. By understanding any potential impacts better, we would hope eventually that better and more targeted support could be offered to families and siblings.

This research is part of my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology being undertaken at Newcastle University and is supervised by Dr. Claire Lomax (Clinical Psychologist, Newcastle University Doctorate of Clinical Psychology Programme Director) and Dr David O’Sullivan (Clinical Psychologist, Newcastle University Doctorate of Clinical Psychology Clinical Tutor).

Can I take part in the study?

We are looking for adults aged between 18 and 50 who had a sibling who experienced OCD during their childhood.

What does taking part involve?

The study involves completing some questionnaires online. The study takes approximately 35 minutes to complete. Data provided is anonymous. All data collected will be used solely for research purposes and will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the policies of Newcastle University and Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Trust. Only the research team will have access to the data.

If you are interested in taking part please click on the link below:

http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eyDflogK6VRo95X

If you have any additional questions or require further information, please contact us at c.mason3@newcastle.ac.uk.

Best wishes,

Claire"