1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Quad Complex - Base done

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by -SilentNight-, 9 Mar 2009.

1. -SilentNight-

-SilentNight- Hardcore pro gamer

Great news! I'v gonna go to build my HQ today with my friend + minor update!

I found these metal pieces last summer from my ex-job place recycling center. So i adopted them :naughty: So im planning to cover that main base with these metals, but i might need to buy more of these. :wallbash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i tested that wallmount at last.

So as you can see its a perfect fit! It has 75x75, 100x100 and 200x200 vesa mounts so it will fit almoust any monitor.

[​IMG]

Here it is on 0 angle

[​IMG]

and here it is on - 15 angle

[​IMG]

( Dont think those Hello Kitty socks, they are my GF's. Warm and comfy :naughty: )

2. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

thats what they all say
    just kidding

3. -SilentNight-

Back to sivilisation!

First we made 2x "L" woods wich is 90cm tall and depth is about 24cm. As you can see we used thick metal construction plates to attach woods together and lot of screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we used corner plates to attach that big particle board to wood frames.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It came as prety ugly, but luckily i will wrap to that metal thingy :dremel: We tried that and it will carry at least 70kg ( my friend climbed at top of it, so we got solid base done).

Here you can see my secrect building place. As you can see that room is about 170cm high and i'm 187cm tall so "A **** my neck!!!" if you know what i mean :grr: but there is almoust every tool that you need for building.
    [​IMG]

Here is some testing pictures with monitors. Lower is 19" and upper is 22".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dont look that lower 19" angle, i din't take that base off for testing so it will be on zero angle when installed.

[​IMG]

On next update i will try mount screens to that thing.

4. HaoKi

HaoKi Lleno de anguilas!

Nice to see you got this project going. :)

5. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey What's a Dremel?

Glad to see you'll be water cooling and the aluminum tread will add a nice touch (better than leather).

6. -SilentNight-

Damm this is gonna be hard decision, shall i buy watercooling or second computer for irc, movie computer and other small stuff (that shall be connected to 22" )

I need to think that over night...

But back to planning, i just measured and figured out how i gonna mount midle display to base.

And solution is something like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Easy solution and cheap ^^

7. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

If I where you, I'd scale down the pictures to something like 1136 x 852 pixels (quarter size). That way you'll get readers with slow internet connections as well. :thumb: