1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Quantic Dream after Hollywood talent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

id love the new CSI game to be based on this tech it would be immense can it render in real time tho if so could we see FPS looking this good?

3. CardJoe

Having spoken to both David Cage and Surf Girl about it - i don't think it'll work in FPS. The game design plays around the idea of multiple small locations with high detail rather than single larger levels. Basically, current hardware using this tech means you can choose between 1 medium level with not much detail, or lots of little levels with fantastic amount of detail.

David has worked this into the game design too because it's an adventure game. Instead of a level comprising an entire open-ended city or district, a level is more like just one house or one room - but that house or room has a tremendous (and I mean, tremendous) amount of detail in it. EVERYTHING can be interacted with.

4. Bladestorm

Bladestorm New Member

I loved fahrenheit, even though I gave up on it after half an hour of the tutorial for a week before going back and actually "getting" the controls heh.

Loved the story-telling and the bulk of the gameplay, though could have down without that one scene that gave me terrible hand cramps because I was hammering the keys in time for what must have been a couple of hours, just trying to get past one 90 second scene of it. (
    avoiding being sucked out of the apartment!
    )

If they stick to PS3 I won't be able to do more than wish them luck on the next one though :lol:

5. Elz

Elz miaow

That movie is beautiful, there are so many achievements in there, but the lip synching seems really, really bad. I think some particular parts of her face are actually more static and less emotive than something you'd see in the Source engine, but maybe it is just the lip-synching throwing me off. I mean she doesn't even purse her lips - in fact the shape doesn't seem to change much at all regardless of what sound she's making, plus they aren't always moving in time.

Tell me, tell me they're going to improve that. I've never seen lip synching completely right in a game, but i've seen it better than that. The character in that may be as expressive as she likes, but at the moment it seems like it's someone else speaking, not her. With everything else that's wonderful in that tech, it would be a shame to let it down with this.

6. CardJoe

That video is now about two years old - rest assured they've improved on that.

7. Elz

Elz miaow

two years old? Wow, I think that actually makes it more impressive :) Now I just have to hope I don't have to buy a PS3 to play it (although let's face it, this game might tempt me to do so).

Tags: Add Tags