1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ QUASAR, The Seasonic Starship

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 7 Apr 2019.

1. SHNS0

SHNS0 Enter Plasma

That custom modular plate is absolutely delicious

2. hayate89

hayate89 What's a Dremel?

AMAZING :clap:

3. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Thanks guys.
    Now its time for the final updates. I am actually sitting in Taiwan in my hotel posting from here now.
    The QUASAR had its little last minute rush as usual with all the last minutes issues we modders know only too well.
    But all worked out and its waiting to be unpacked at the Computex tomorrow morning where it will find its 5 day parking position.
    So, seeing as the maiden flight has been absolved its time to get those juicy nice clean n high gloss pictures up. a few making of video are also ready.
    The gun turret now moves left and right, the wing gunns spulsate and have sounds and the whole build is constantly undertoined with a starship rumbleing enginy, jetty, machine roomy type of sound. More live pictures tomorrow after setup.
    Special thx to Szymon the photographer for photoshopping the QUASAR into orbit.

By the way, if you really like it, I dont mind if you chuck in a vote for it either, Tahnks in advance.
    https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...pril-2019-in-association-with-corsair.361226/

earth-2880x2560-above-space-hd-6408.jpg IMG_2336.jpg IMG_2347.jpg IMG_2351.jpg IMG_2353.jpg IMG_2359.jpg IMG_2363.jpg IMG_2368.jpg IMG_2370.jpg IMG_2375.jpg

Last edited: 26 May 2019
    Yaka likes this.
  4. abbas-it

and some more pix....:)
    like i already mentioned in previous posts, this is the first time i actually built a model instean of just taking aspects, elements, directive design and patterns etc.. and building elementary like i usually do. it was fun to do it different this time.
    The MAIN FOCUS, is on the SEASONIC PSU units, so thsta pretty much the only thing visible as far as hardware is concerned, and only thing relevant. Nothing else should distract from this one brand, Thanks Seasonic for your trust.
    As you can all see I converted the PSU PCI sockets into windows lit up. and the neck of the ship is also made of their PSU fan grill.

By the way, if you really like it, I dont mind if you chuck in a vote for it either, Tahnks in advance.
    https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...pril-2019-in-association-with-corsair.361226/

Otherise its based upon:
    An intel 13 NUC with 128gb SSD and 16gigs or Ram.
    IMG_2377.jpg IMG_2381.jpg IMG_2383.jpg IMG_2387.jpg IMG_2394.jpg IMG_2396.jpg seasonic quasar pic1.jpg

Yaka and Cheapskate like this.
  5. arduum

arduum Minimodder

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hmm...
    Golf balls, obviously. lego shutters? capacitors, wire connectors, sink aerators, Nerf gun? and possibly a flashlight dome.
    Awesome! :D

7. Mopsi

Mopsi What's a Dremel?

Turned out so great. Have fun at Computex :)

8. bolous

bolous What's a Dremel?

This scratch is very amazing, using the psu connectors! have a nice Computex

9. abbas-it

thanks guys, am glad you like it. hey cheapskate, you got everything right except for the lego shutters, didnt use any. :)
    so here I am all the way back from Taiwan at the Computex. #Lets just hope the QUASAR makes it back in one piece too.
    Should take another week I guess. Thanks goes out to Stuart Tonks who carefully packed it in the crate with his buddies after I went to catch my flight.
    more pics from Taiwan will follow.
    I did meet Alex (Banks) there in the lift and I heard Antony was also there.
    Unfortunatley I dont know if he also got to see the QUASAR and make some footage too. Lagertha was also there at the Caseking booth so @ Alex: if you have anything please show, thx in advance.:)

earth-2880x2560-above-space-hd-6408.jpg

Last edited: 6 Jun 2019
    Yaka likes this.