1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding question about commisioned work

Discussion in 'Modding' started by onarahosting, 4 Sep 2005.

1. onarahosting

onarahosting What's a Dremel?

Got this question I thought I'd post:

I have seen some mods (battlefield 2 etc) that were made for commisions for companies; promotions etc. I wanted to get a feel for a couple of things:

What sorts of costs do you think such things would be about? I am toying with the idea of commisioning a Modded case to offer as a prize for an event and as the guys here are hell better at it than I would be it's an option to get one made. I was thinking of a bare shell modded case that you give as a prize and then the winner can display it, fill it or whatever, that way the cost would be kept down. Is it feasible to think I could get a case made for say $500?(au so USD would be like $450 or so).

Is it a good idea? Would such a prize be thought of as good? I am thinking of other things as well like grpx cards and other hardware for lesser prizes but a custom modded case would be sort of worth more than the sum of it's parts if you know what I mean.

Anyway 2 cents welcome.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2005
  2. JLevine

JLevine What's a Dremel?

that would be an awsome idea. I would personally want the hardware as the prize but a custom 1 of a kind case is pretty hard to turn down.

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Depends upon the person I guess. Some may find it degrading, others may absolutely love it. Either way, it's a risk.

Personaly, I wouldn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as hardware, but then again I'm very picky about my cases.

Last edited by Malfoleo : Yesterday at 13:61.

4. FaiNT`

FaiNT` What's a Dremel?

I think it would be an awesome prize, if the mod was good that is.

5. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

i would prefer hardware as a prize tbh.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Like many others I'd prefer high-end hardware, but it really depends on the case. I'm also quite picky about what I'd want sitting next to me.

7. JLevine

JLevine What's a Dremel?

have the modded out case something of the quality of ORAC and case > hardware lol

8. Soulsmith

Soulsmith What's a Dremel?

yeah, I would prefer hardware as a general rule but if the case was a nicely modded Lian-Li I think it would be an awsome prize

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

The flip side of that issue is it also depends on what the hardware was. For example, I probably wouldn't enter a contest / drawing / raffle for an Intel based Mobo or an SLI graphics card because I don't have any use for either of those. If you were going to get a case done I would say make it have as broad an appeal as possible (no skulls for example). In making the decision you need to decide what "prize" will have the broader appeal.