1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding question about custom cases

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Da_BaCoN, 3 Aug 2003.

1. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Active Member

i've got a question that i've wondered since forever and i finally felt like posting it, so here goes!

when people make custom cases, how do they secure the pci cards? i'd think you'd have to make PRETTY acurate cuts/holes to screw them into the case like on a normal case, but i never see anyone mention anything about this part of their case. the most i've ever seen is when someone just uses a removable mobo tray as part of their case. i'm just curious cause i'm thinking of maybe building a case sometime soon.

2. linear

linear Active Member

That's about it really. You can take the approach I did, not use cards, or cut the whole card cage area out. Otherwise you gotta be accurate.

3. sik

sik Banned

Alot of people tend to use motherboard trays or parts of a case for that, and shove that in instead.

4. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

What I've seen as well somewhere are just the necessary holes cut out for the VGA port, sound ports, LAN port etcetera...

5. kong

kong cnc-guy

Just take your time, measure against an existing motherboard tray and back plate, then just make sure you use the same size stand-offs and it'll be gravy - whatever the hell that means!

6. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

groovy i think is the word you are looking for :D :D

7. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

I plan on using the slot cage from another case, but I have finallt ome across a copy of the PCI mechanical specifications, so I could theoretically make my own :)