1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Question about international shipping

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 1 Sep 2018.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I got signed up to send a video card to Sofia, Bulgaria to one of my son's friends today out of nowhere. He's doing a good deed, so it's all good with me. But a flat rate box there is 76 US. Would it be cheaper to send it to one of you and then pay you to send it on, due to tyranny of Cheeto? I'm gonna check UPS, just trying to make this possible without sacrificing an arm and leg. If you all know any tricks, let me know.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Just had a look on UPS, which was who i used when shipping to stuff to Bulgaria [also to sofia as it happens]. And trying to get a us->bulgaria quote is a right nightmare.

IIRC the ballache and expense comes from getting it across the atlantic. But this was the case pre tangerine twatwaffle too.

EDIT: A quick quote from Royal Mail gives me a quote of £22 [3+ day] to £75 [1+ day] [~$28-97] from the UK. You might get it cheaper but Parcel Farce is usually a good baseline.

Based on 2-ish kg and the standard-ish size box most gpus seem to come in.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2018
  3. KayinBlack

Yeah, getting a package across the pond is the rub. Just to London (threw a dart) was $69, so it's the crossing of the Atlantic. I'll keep working on something.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Try https://www.parcelmonkey.com

I just did a quick calc and can get it from the US to Bulgaria for $34. It may vary depending on the zip code, though.

5. KayinBlack

31.15, or 52,49 Lev. A lot better than I was expecting. Hopefully I can get it packaged and shipped on Tuesday (Monday is a bank holiday.)