1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Question about mesh...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by my58vw, 22 Aug 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Where is the best place to buy the really small mesh? I have seen it used in a lot of projects but I do not like the look or modders mesh at all.

2. omicron

omicron Baud.

Look at car modding sites - they usually have plenty of the stuff. I have some UK links but not in the US unfortunately; try googling for 'car body kits' or something.

3. meiv_4

meiv_4 What's a Dremel?

i found mine in the form of a waste basket at my local target. (US we sell ****loads of stuff store) i like the look of it like really small expanded sheet metal.

4. chalk_mark

chalk_mark What's a Dremel?

good point meiv_4, here's another place...

Check out Ikea, if there is one near by you. A wastepaper can from the DOKUMENT line is about 5 dollars US, and will get you a piece about 12" x 30" of either black or silver diamond mesh. You get to :dremel: the can, but the price is right. It has a mesh about 3/32" and has a nice quality finish , maybe powder coat? There are lots of other desk accessories like paper trays, book-ends, etc that from the same material if you only need a small piece.

5. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

i got mine from www.mnpctech.com
    [EDIT]doh im sorry i didnt see you say you didnt like modders mesh. my bad[/EDIT]

6. m0ng0lh0rde

m0ng0lh0rde What's a Dremel?

Try here:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?partnum=9232T131&pagenum=3433

I purchased some perforated metal, aluminum, to make a new fron panel for my case. I went with part number 9232T131, .187" holes on 1/4" centers. Looks quite nice. And for the $30 it cost, I've still got nearly half a sheet (even using a 20x20 peice to cap off a gas vent on my roof to keep birds out)
    Including shipping, it ran me $40. They also offer other metals and plastic I think for this, I thought about using brass, but didn't like the hole size / spacings.

Jason A.

7. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum What's a Dremel?

Look around. I pulled my mesh out of a microwave and I love it!

I have seen the trashcans the above people are talking about and thats probably a good idea!

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

Also try art supply stores, and the big home improvement stores, they seem to carry some

9. Ben '71 1200

Ben '71 1200 What's a Dremel?

I got some plastic mesh stuff, 1mm holes. It's apparently used for modifying one's Nova....

10. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Hi guys i know this isnt exactly mesh but check this site out they sell alot of stuff for modding which'll save you time looking for it like braiding, perspex sheets and the rubber tubing to go around your windows which i have a hell of a time finding over here in england.

www.kustompcs.co.uk

try B&Q they sell lots of that stuff in sheets usually 1mx1m

Last edited: 22 Aug 2004