1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for a possible forum enhancement

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by D1lazarus, 3 Jul 2004.

1. D1lazarus

D1lazarus What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to make a possible suggestion for the forums. Could a think you or congratulations bot be added to the forums so that some of the good job, congratulations type of spam be cut down on the project log threads.

2. sheardjr

sheardjr Minimodder

Last edited: 14 Mar 2013
  3. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Living proof. :naughty:

4. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

I know what you mean and have seen that at other VB3 based forums.

Basically there's a button at the bottom of every thread in the project logs section labeled "good work!" or something to that effect.

When the button is pressed, a forum bot called "congrats bot" or something makes a post with a list of all the forum users who clicked the "good work!" button.

Really keeps the spam down at the other forum.

5. D1lazarus

D1lazarus What's a Dremel?

Exactly what I was talking about. Sorry I didn't make myself more clear. But this would be perfect for the project logs forum and really cut down on a lot of the spam that you see in those. Glad someone could clarify what I was asking or wanted to see. :rock:

Wireframe as for your comment I am not sure if you referring to yourself or me, but I know it is absolutely the truth in my case. I do tech support for a living and no matter how simply I try to explain something someone always messes it up. :wallbash:

Back on topic now. Since I haven't been around here long, and only rarely post. Has something like this ever been suggested b/4 or even tried? I think it would be a great addition for the project logs for sure and probably many other topics.