1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for moderators

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by craig, 1 Nov 2004.

1. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

Resently ive noticed a fairly large number of muppets either bumping thread or bringing up old threads :wallbash: , is it possible to put a lock on threads once they havent been posted in for say 1 month or even 7days.

2. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

craig, feedback would be a better place for this

but i agree, there is way too much dredging up past posts.

cant you disable the similar threads thingy at the bottom, that would help dissolve the problem a bit ;)

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I find 'Similar Threads' useful at times, it turns up some random read-worthy goodies and also, in the Tech forums, very often answers a question asked in the original post. :search:

And rather than a second muppett adding another "Holy thread revival" post, I'd suggest he push the Report button so a mod can close the thread if appropriate.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2004
  4. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

true

but surley the search is adequate enough to find what you need, i know its helped me a lot in the past. cant say ive ever used the similar threads bit.

5. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

oooh is that what the bit at the bottom is, cant say i scroll down that far to see it. i usually search for problems 2. i mean keep that bit by all means if people do use it but it would be stop all the problems by just closing old threads. if someone wants to bring something back up they could post a new thread linking to the one thats closed or ask a mod to reopen it.

oh just to justify the location i did put it in, i dont normally read the feedback part so guessed other people wouldnt either and i wanted the opinions of other bit-tech people as well, we cant be the only ones gettin P##### with the old thread thing.

And tom get back to work you slacker :naughty:

6. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

ditto :p

and putting this kinda stuff in GD is just asking for spam by the bucket load.

but i know how you feel, nothing worse than seeing a decent thread, going to post then realising its over 2 years. :S