1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: what slot is this? [pics]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by k.a., 29 Jun 2003.

1. k.a.

k.a. What's a Dremel?

wow thnx!!!! though i'm woundering why i didn't find it in my ours of looking around at that site =)

buuuut, the front-LED doens't do anything, and the motherboard LED just keeps on shining, no blinking of any sorts

now this kinda bugs me... it doenst blink at all... guess i gotta check connection tomorrow again, since i really think i can hear some HDD activity

btw, i checkt up on SCSI controller, its a qlogic QLA 1080 (... good? )

2. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Are you sure the power supply isn't fried?

3. k.a.

k.a. What's a Dremel?

Nope, its working. checkt the voltages, they're a little off (3.3 @ 3.5, 12 @ 12.7 etc) but i guess thats acceptable. (anyway i can't just replace it, since it got the same connections, but different wireings)

Well.. seems like the HDD doens't have any acitivty BTW =(. I connected a LED to the SCSI controller, only one blink at startup, nothing more. what bugs me though, is that some very primary functions of the motherboard do work, for example the power off (after 5 second delay) only works when CPU is installed, but it works..

the front LED is defenetly not broken =( but no indicator.. even though it even has "system board broken" code =(

hmmm

i guess i'm gonna order the videoadapter to at least use the 20" TFT.. next to my 22" Iiyama of corse =)

anyone interested in any of the hardware?? (or do u have some more advice?????)

4. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Have you tried stripping the whole thing down and running it with the basics (motherboard on its own, cpu's, no cards), also try with one cpu (not sure if that would work).

5. k.a.

k.a. What's a Dremel?

no card except SCSI card anyway, but i tried without, sure.

tried with one CPU, with an old 450 i had left, switched, 450/500 (both @ 450) jumpered to one, to two, with out 2. installed (didnt work at all, they need terminater i guess) etc..

tried a lot =), no LED blinks for me

but a guy on ebay.com is selling those motherbords for $20, i guess i'll get myself one, since it would be a waste to throw it away. the motherboards also support up to dual PIII 1ghz, as i found out =)

and the multilink adapter to use the flatscreen on "normal" PC is FREAKING expensive! ebay @ ~$200 :jawdrop: