1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Quick site check?

Discussion in 'General' started by ArtificialHero, 4 Jan 2009.

1. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Hey all,

Could someone check whether the music player at www.purevolume.com/forgetthescript loads properly? It doesn't seem to be displaying for me, and I'm not sure whether it's me or the site.

Cheers!
    AH

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

It loads and plays... I'm on FF 3.0.5, Windows Vista Business.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Same setup, works fine.

4. ArtificialHero

Grrr. No player on my Mac - weirdly the problem is replicated in both FF and Safari. Very annoying! Oh well, I'd rather it was a problem my end tbh. Bloody purevolume. It's so much prettier than MySpace but it seems rather buggy.

Cheers for checking - thinking about it this topic is pretty inappropriate for GD, so mods feel free to delete.

AH

5. seebul

seebul Minimodder

Works here, OS X 10.5.6

6. ArtificialHero

Weirdly it's just started working. I tested it on Opera and it worked, and when I went back to FF/Safari it was working fine! Very strange.

Anyway, completely sorted now. Cheers!
    AH

7. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

works fine on opera 9.52 here

is this your band?

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

You probably needed to update your flash player or something?

9. ArtificialHero

Yep

10. Matticus

Matticus ...

I don't think there ever was a problem was there AH? You just wanted to show off your band :p

But from what I heard it is pretty good, I esp like the drums and guitar work on 100,000 miles. It is rather a good song.

Shame about the recording though its very harsh sounding, it slightly hurts my ears.

11. ArtificialHero

Haha, fraid not mate, although I have been known to pimp the band on here in the past, that wasn't my intention. You'll notice I suggested mods might want to delete the thread as soon as the problem was resolved. If I wanted to pimp my band I would link our myspace, not the purevolume page we barely use :p.

Thanks for your comments though, they've been echoed by the reviews that came in for our demo, it was all done in a bedroom on a tight budget. Looks like the next one is going to be done by Pete Miles (who if you are interested did production recently for Tonight is Goodbye, the King Blues and Sonic Boom Six) so hopefully it will be a lot better.

AH

Last edited: 5 Jan 2009
  12. ArtificialHero

Nope. The only thing that observably changed on my system was the fact that I installed Opera. Nothing else was changed. The only possible explanation ive come up with is that maybe Opera loaded some data for the flash player that FF and Safari couldn't, but once it had been loaded once by Opera it could just be read by other browsers. I don't understand the ins and outs of how the flash plugin on OS X works though, so that may make no sense whatsoever to someone with more of a clue.

AH