1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick smp question

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by jonfrombelfast, 7 Dec 2009.

1. jonfrombelfast

jonfrombelfast New Member

Hi everyone. Have just completed work unit 2665 (1920 points) on the smp mpich client. It finished this morning at 0937. It hasn't started a new work unit since then. It just says folding core shut down finished unit. I don't even know if it sent the results in. Is this normal?. Does it take a bit of time before it starts a new work unit ?.

2. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

There is a file called FAHlog.txt which tells you what is happening. If it says results successfully sent, then it has sent the results in. If not, it wait and will keep trying. It might have sent them and is having trouble getting new work. Sometimes there is a problem with the server. Sometimes it might have no units for your type of client.If not, it wait and will keep trying.

3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

+1 to all of above. Sometimes, if the results have been successfully sent in, you can get a new WU quicker by exiting and restarting the client. But sometimes you just have to be patient. Don't try this if the results have not been sent back to Stanford.

4. jonfrombelfast

jonfrombelfast New Member

Thankyou Arthur for your responce:thumb:. I checked task manager and found that it was still running the mpieexe process. So i stopped it. When i checked the smp client again i Found that it started to send the finished work unit. It then downloaded a new work unit (2665) and started running it. So everything is running fine now:thumb: Another problem solved:clap:

5. ThunderBob

ThunderBob New Member

It could be that something is up with the MPICH. If it happens again then try reinstalling it.

If you are running 32bit then you could also try the Deino based SMP client. (Doenst work for 64bit).