1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quieter PSU - Enermax or Antec/Other

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HumZilla, 21 May 2003.

1. HumZilla

HumZilla What's a Dremel?

After returning from Norway and having turned off my PC when I left I have returned to find my ghetto PSU has died as it wont power up at all.

Annoyingly I discovered this after ordering a mobo from Dabs and too late to add a PSU to the order so now I will have to pay another delivery charge to Dabs or other etailer for a PSU.

I already have an Enermax 350W but will now have to move this into my W2K Server and unsure whether to go for another Enermax or something else, possibly cheaper but with same/better low noise and power.

Bring on the suggestions.

Thanks

2. Sid

Sid Banned

Your Enermax 350W should be pretty good, but if you're going to buy a new one I would go for an Antec TruePower 330W @ about £50. If you want something specifically quiet then you could go for one of the ones from Quiet PC .

3. Nigel

Nigel What's a Dremel?

Yes, I have a Quiet PC one (only 300W though) and it is ,well, as advertised quiet and reliable. Don't know how it compares with the Antec though it costs much the same. Early ones got some stick for the internal temperature probe placement being vulnerable. Well mine is not and is fine. Build quality is only "OK" though. Nothing wonderful - it just works.

4. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

All I can say is:
    [​IMG]

5. CatKing

CatKing What's a Dremel?

my first power is a enermax 430W and last about 9 months and luckily it is within warranty. i bought an antec to replace it during repairing. it is quiet and maintain the voltage rather stable however cant say how long life it is.