1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. KidMod-Southpaw

Discussion in 'Serious' started by GeorgeK, 13 Sep 2014.

1. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Last post from Kid was:

Seems 'throw away' enough and not a million miles away from something we are all capable of uttering from time to time. In hindsight he was clearly in a dark place and did what so many do and hid the depths of his feelings away.

I have feels for his family. If we're all thinking 'If only I could have helped...' then his family and close friends must be in a world of hurt.

RIP Kid: If you were the kind of guy who had a belief structure, then I hope you're modding the heck out of wherever you are now dude.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  2. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Member

Well I don't often post but this is very upsetting. As a 33 year old with a wife and 2 young kids, I'm currently seeking help for mild depression and the main thing I took out of my last assessment was being told how little men enter the scheme I'm in.

My wife got help after the birth of our second child due to then getting a huge amount of panic attacks that were making looking after 2 small children very difficult, it all got a bit much. Without her pointing me in their direction, not sure where I might be in a year or so's time.

So my point here I suppose, is please don't be shy of seeking help when needed and let this terrible news be word of this.

My sincere condolences to everyone concerned.

Plastic.

Bungletron and fuus like this.
  3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Props Guinevere for drawing attention to Kid's last post - I looked for it and my heart sank when I found it. But as you say, who would've known.

This is a different kind of absence from the forum and Kid has definitely left his mark on the community. I second the motion that something should be done in remembrance of Kid, perhaps a new rep rank for the super-spammers among us.

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

10mil rep and up - Super Spamming Saiyan

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

Wow - I haven't been very active for the last few months so it has taken me a few days to find out the news.

RIP kid.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I normally don't check this section of the forum but after seeing the competition thread I went searching.

Shocking news and something that I can tell no one was expecting.

RIP Kid thoughts are with your family.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

I didn't know KidMod other than from posts on the forum. Saddened at his passing. Sent a small donation. Really have nothing else to say.

8. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Far over the misty mountains cold

In remembrance of Kid, I think we should spam for a week.

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Well-Known Member

Its a shame that hes decided to take his life. Im sure there are many people just like him who are in a dark place and feel in a similar manner. Revealing this feeling and lack of willing to continue however takes a lot, its just a shame that it wasn't picked up on. Melodramatics from many help hide those who are actually in need from standing out which is a great shame at the end of the day and something that perhaps we should all be a little more courteous about in future. I for one wouldn't want to have these sort of signs missed from someone I care for or myself if there was help there for me/them and Im sure the same can be said for many who were left in the same position as Alessandro.

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Nice one. Puts a smirk on my face that does.

11. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Like a few here, I didn't know Alessandro too well.
    It's an absolute shock to hear the news of Kidmod's passing, he often gave an uplifting and positive vibe to the community. His presence here was highly noticeable and he will be very much missed.

12. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

RIP KidMod, you will be missed.

13. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

*slow clap*

14. GMC

GMC Well-Known Member

Shocked and upset by this news.
    The world is diminished, and a darker place without him in it.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Music Enthusiast

This was upsetting to find out, I noticed and recognized the names from avatars instantly but searching for a thread hoped it was some form of ironic gesture for leaving the forum.

I always remember a few different characters from my time on BT and he was certainly one of them, its such a shame to lose a life so young he will certainly be missed.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If only :(

17. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Rest in Peace Alessandro,
    we never conversed but I've definitely read more of your posts than anyone else'

18. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Dear all,

I received this from Alessandro's grandfather today - certainly Kid and his family have been in my thoughts a lot recently but will be even more so on Monday

Thanks

George

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks for the update, brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. I never knew him personally like many but i feel like i knew him if that makes sense.

RIP Kid

20. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

OMG, just seen this, he was a great kid and a lovely person to have on the forums. My thoughts are with his family..