1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other R.I.P 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

Discussion in 'General' started by lilgoth89, 31 Jul 2015.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I was (out of morbid curiosity) looking up dead wrestlers just a few weeks ago, so many big names I didn't even know had died, like Big Boss Man who has been dead 11 years. It's quite depressing how young most of them actually were, a lot only in their 30s and 40s, Roddy had a good innings by comparison but at 61 still far too early.

Living off pain killers and steroids for years is clearly not conducive to a long and happy life. Is being a professional wrestler really worth it?

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

These belong here, I think:-

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

All outa bubblegum :(

Does make you wonder how many of these 'early' deaths are due to the substance abuse that just MUST have been going on in the amateur dramatics society that is the WWF/WWE.

Okay Roddy wasn't as crazy pumped as many of his peers but no way was every 'pro' wrestler clean.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Tbh whenever I read 'Previously undiagnosed heart condition' [or variant thereof] my brain automatically translates it to 'steroids', especially if it was an athlete or wrestler...

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Don't forget all the concussions, broken bones, bruised organs and the going out for another round with all of the above because the contract says so.

7. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

So long Roddy, you really sold They Live to me, you may not have been the best actor in the world but I didn't care. Still can't believe that punch up scene you had with Keith David, just epic.