1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music R.I.P Trevor Bolder

Discussion in 'General' started by G0UDG, 22 May 2013.

1. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

R.I.P to Trevor Bolder bass player with David bowies spiders from mars who replaced John wetton In Uriah Heep and later also replaced John wetton again in Wishbone ash

A Statement From Uriah Heep

It is with great sadness that Uriah Heep announce the passing of our friend the amazing Trevor Bolder, who has passed away after his long fight with cancer. Trevor was an all time great, one of the outstanding musicians of his generation, and one of the finest and most influential bass players that Britain ever produced.

His long time membership of Uriah Heep brought the band’s music, and Trevor’s virtuosity and enthusiasm, to hundreds of thousands of fans across the world. He joined the band in 1976 and, barring one short break, was a fixture until his ill health forced him to take a step back early this year. Prior to joining Heep he was a founder and ever-present member of David Bowie’s legendary Spiders From Mars band, performing on all of their key albums and at countless shows. He also performed with Wishbone Ash, Cybernauts and The Rats.

Mick Box said, "Trevor was a ‘World Class’ bass player, singer & songwriter, and more importantly a World Class friend. He will be sadly missed by family, friends and rock fans all over the world. We are all numb to the core".

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

He may have died, but in his music he lives on, and has become immortal. :rock:

3. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Yep totally agree matey his music and memory will live on forever

Teelzebub likes this.
  4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Comfortably one of my all time favourite bassists. Sad to see him go.