Let´s Start a new Worklog.... we already started the work on this Project 2 Months ago.It was build as part of a Contest which was held with the help of Raijintek and Caseking. Within the Contest we had to modify a Raijintek Aeneas Case. After a long brainstorming....we decided to build something totally different out of the Case. And because of the new Star Wars Movies which were coming...and our old passion for the Star Wars Universe we decided to build an Droid. But we know that there were already a lot of R2-D2´s out there. So we thought we choose an Red Color Scheme instead of the Original Blue and rebuild an R2-M5 Droid. Naturally we want to do it in the right Scale.....so like you can imagine....there was a lot of work coming up... But the biggest Problem was the short amount of time which we had for the modding phase (something around 6 Weeks) So we had to split up our Project into 2 Parts. The First Part will be the Fabrication of the Main Droid Body and the integration of the Aeneas Case into the Body. This Part has to be finished within the Contest so that we could show the complete Droid to the Jury. The Second Part of the building Process will be the Special Effect Part, were we will add Motors, and Electronics....to finalize all those Details to make it a real Droid. This Second Part has to be done after the Contest has ended because it will take more time then we could spend in the Contest timeframe. But before i have to write too much.... we already started ....so i already can show you a lot of pictures..... First we got a nice Package from the Sponsors of the Contest with all the Stuff they support for the Building phase (a few parts have to be given back to the Sponsors of the Contest...but that was a part of the the strange rules) It´s a nice case, but like you can see, we already removed most of the not needed parts.... After we got the Confirmation that we could attend this contest we started the research for our Project, so that we could use the time until the hardware arrives to gather all the needed informations and already collect 3d Models of Parts etc. After the Hardware arrives and the Contest had started, we directly started to print out the first parts....because there will be a lot more parts coming.... We Started the Printing Process with Parts for the Shoulder, Front Vents, Power Coupling, Radar Eye, Telescope Eye, Coin Slots, Projector Eyes and a few other Parts which will help us to add all details..... As next, we prepared new parts which we cut out with our CNC-Router. We Started the Cutting Process with the first parts for the legs. They will be build from a few thinner layers that will help us during the building process.... Like you can see we also printed the first details for the legs..... That´s it for today...i think the next update will follow within a few days!