1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete RAGNARS REVENGE, 3x GERMAN CHAMPION, COMPLETED!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 19 Apr 2015.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

thanks bart, thtas nice to hear that reaction, i can already see it painted but was curious how others percieve it as it is.
    so the sail form seems to be recognisable, super..... it will be great when painted.
    more tomorrow.

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Those sails, wow. :D
    Awesome progress abbas. :clap:

3. abbas-it

thanks waynio, its mounted and can be turned awys to get to the mb ram and processor. am curious how it will look with paint, have even thought of cladding it with cloth, stuck on so that it looks like real fabric. will see.

so today after mounting the sail i started to make the internal monitor holder. i needed a strong axle so i salvaged one from an old ide harddisk. is actuall the motro but its swings very free so it made my makeshift axle for pivotting the monitor out of the case. tomorrow it will be motorised via a servo.
    the roofing of what i now call odins temple is also finished, with the sail together it hides all the wires etc.. more tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

odins temple cable cover was done so i started the internal swing out monitor, i took a salvaged hdd motopr as the axle, works great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. abbas-it

hi guys, didnt get much done today, just plankified the look of the moniotr and also made and tested the servo for it. the moniitor will be mounted tomorrow and motorised then come sthe first test in the case..
    more to come..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. abbas-it

hi guys, so after finishing the monitor motorisation i went on doing all sorts of little things.
    my aim is to get the speakers and fans placed so that i can start getting its first putty paint and polish done on the weekend.

first of all some of the progress, the monitor swing out now and works great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these two switches are triggered by the first handle of the rambocks at both sides, for cd extractioan and power on, the reset button must still be done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all thess little wooden parts are actually just cable covers which i am making and fitting now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i took this hdd holder from an old laptop and will cover it in ragnar style too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    seeing as most of the case was done, before i started fitting out the doors, i finished the planking look all over the case. all handcarved for less precision :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this mesh is mad eof plastic and i found it at the local hardware store, its usually fro keeping leaves out of draining pipes, i will use it as a fan cover mesh because when painted it will look a bit iron-orey:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come tomorrow night.

Last edited: 9 Jul 2015
  6. abbas-it

hi guys, i was just talking to someone here and thus would like to mentions.

this build is not being built according to the viking show on television. ist my viking pc build.+you will find elements from the viking show, as well as viking historicals and also some fantasie but well known elements like horns on helmets etc..
    its an interpratations not a replica abiding yb some film makers interpratation of what he knows.

its an as VIKING CULTURE Computer recognisable, but in my design.
    Thank you and the next update is tonight.:rock:

7. sumo

sumo New Member

WOW cant wait to see it finished

8. abbas-it

same here too :D

so today i made the back shields, somwhat stretched the viking circle design to fit the back guards.. apart from that i have made the siede windiows inlay plates with cutouts for fans and speakers, along with wooden guards for them.
    more to come..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Jul 2015
  9. storm-83

storm-83 Member

i'm just gonna leave this here
    [​IMG]

10. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Member

Amazing work! loving the updates and the skill going into this.

11. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Member

damn bro..... all at attention to detail is hard to follow :D awesome

12. abbas-it

thanks guys, am glad it appeals. so after getting the last few things made, i broke it all down and got the base braown stain on modt if it. more to com..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this little hole is the cd extractor button hole, you pic up the viking logboat mast which has a special place just behing the hole, and insert it to press the switch .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

finally, its time to get the initialö stain on, shadowing will folloe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. abbas-it

hi guys, so here is a little more. after the break down i started getting the first stain on, then sanded the parts as well as started the first coats of metalic look and touch ups for the helmet. cannot see much yet and a lot of airbrush shading will be coming too, but here are the progress pics of so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

like i said, you cant see the defining black and browns yet, will come later, but this is the dull wooden look i want, worn and moldy and medieval looking. grave and dark and roughly menacing viking style. more to come..

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Looking good. :)

15. abbas-it

thx mate, the colors will change though.

have done quite a lot since last time, here are the first pics.
    after finishing all the airbrush shading then i went back to what i hate the most, sanding it off. i wante the 3 color look, wooden brown, blackened aging and worn off lighter parts, woirked well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then the **** hit the fan, went and broke one of the inner panles. ****, smart repair time
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sanding is by far the work i hate the most but is of course necessary. i tried to be as precisely un exact as possible to get the look of the viking age who of course didnt have modern woodworking equipment.
    the next chore which isnt as bad as sanding but reallly a pain in the neck is always teh wiring. here goes.

BUILD UP TIME, now we will se if what i had in vision fits all in place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these 0latic meshes are actually leaf filters for rain drainage pipes. look as if they are cast iron.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks to enermax for the cluster fans, this whole build will only have the old warm light in white look, no modern colors like red or blue or anything.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

even though the viking didnt have glas, they got to know it in england, so here are the oldish looking glas windows i madeout of ole mexx perfum bottle bases, looking like primitive windows, they will fir my hdd activity and power leds.[ the red leds tests will probably be white too./SIZE]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the visible screws will also have metal studs like on the sides too on them
    [​IMG]

had to sand off the glaze to get that those side fittings in cast iron look glued on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i made sail out of wood which i wanted to cover in fabric, the only thing i could find with a relatively good visible structure was this nappy or i think its a bib, thanks to my niece and nephew for that, theri initials will be on the sail as the donors, even though they are too young to realise waht the hell i am talking about :rock: ths sail will be on an extractable arm which covers the mainboard partially.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the sail was of course not weather beaten yet so i airbrushed in some dirt and penned in some seams.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

made a template and viking type D and M emblem for spraying on the letters of my niece and nephew. it came out quite well, thanks and love you guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

side panels, leds, speakers, fans and more leds and reflectors behnind the name cut outs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come tonight.

16. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Member

That painting/staining really brings it to life. Great stuff.

17. Bartacus

Bartacus Member

That is just spectacular! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Such attention to detail! Mind = blown. :rock:

18. abbas-it

thanks guys, am glad it appeals. am now wiring this baby up.
    have the speakers in and working and just had to wire up the led temporarily and play the vikings theme, eeeehaaa what an impression that makes. anyway, here are some ongoing progress bpics.
    not long now, but the stuff i am doing now takes time but is not very pcitur worthy but will keep posting.

the RANGNARS REVANGE CASECON consists of 5 modules i built, each again containing many other self made parts.
    the base,
    the chassis,
    the left wing wall
    the right wing wall
    and the top longboat bonnet.

they have all been wed in holy matrimony now and have alle the modules working independantly, now i am wiring them up together so that the ylike eachother. more to come.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

seeing as i only want white leds, i found these magnifiers on ebay and they were very directional. i sanded off the front to matt them then stuck them on the little shelves, when you see the pictures lit up in front you will see the great illusion of depth i am talking about. nice littel effect, as if someone is at home through the window they are for pwr and hdd activity
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come..

19. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

All I can say is WOW

20. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Member

it's turning out to be great :D