1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows RAID-5 Recovery Windows Server 2008

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by KID52, 1 May 2014.

1. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

The RAID-5 array on my Windows Server 2008 shows "Failed", with a single drive showing as "Missing", assuming this to be the failed drive I have replaced it with a new one, however I seem to be unable to recover the array.

Before replacing the drive I tried "Reactivate volume" which did not work, after adding the new disk this option still does not work.

In Disk Management it shows the 3 what I assume to be healthy drives, the new drive (which I have turned into a dynamic disk), and the "missing" drive.

The "Repair Volume" option is greyed out.

The array was created in software through the Disk Management console in Windows, so the disks are all Dynamic.

Any ideas where I go from here to get the data back and recover the array? Or at the very worst, just recover the data for now.

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

This is why I avoid soft-raid xD

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938531.aspx

Anything in your Event logs?

3. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

Yea, I know, RAID through software is terrible :(

Thing is, the volume/array appears as "Failed", not "Failed Redundancy", and the volume does not function as the article suggests.

I am assuming the worst, that something has caused all the drives to corrupt data or something awful?

In the error log I have found various things.

"The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2."
    "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\DR4 during a paging operation."
    "The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur."