1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Raijintek Metis Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 14 Jan 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

2. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

I really like this case, it just looks fantastic and has the right dimensions for an mITX case. But I would really like to see how it fares with a fan instead of the window blowing air over both the GPU and CPU, plus equip it with an SFX PSU which should add space for cables. Add some venting slits in the top and front of the case for good measure and cooling should be much improved.

3. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

Hmmm, switching the window for a filtered intake would solve nearly all problems.

The really impressive part is that a case this small fits a 160mm Tower cooler (not that that would get any air) but at least in the reversed setup, you'd have a through-flow setup.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

For £40 it's surprisingly not awful, but the Ncase M1 has shown just how much you can cram into a case of similar volume (13.4L Metis, 12.6L M1) with good design. Full-length GPU, 240mm radiator or a 120mm and a pair of 3.5" HDDs, either another 2 2.5" SSDs or a slim ODD, and a few more 2.5" SSD mounts dotted around under the GPU or behind the HDDs. Pity the PSU mount is just a few mm too low to comfortably fit an SFX-L PSU in when you GPU has a backplate unless you trim down the modular cable plugs, allow the GPU to bend down a degree or two, or lower the GPU by one slot using a flex riser.

5. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

The N1 is a completely open mesh dust-collector.
    Smart layout though

And I can't actually buy one in Europe, and even so it's a factor four pricewise

Last edited: 15 Jan 2015
  6. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Lunatic on the Grass.

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Member

Wonder how much better this would work with an AIO cooler pushing air out...maybe even double-mounting two rads and using a GPU AIO as well.

Regardless, I think this seems to be designed for modding, but it's a shame some more factory-cut vents aren't present.

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Member

9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I think it is a great case for people that use a PC for family stuff that doesn't need a dedicated GPU. Just CPU, some HDDs for storage. But it looks better than all cases out there in this price range. A lot of people would be happy to have this on their desk at home instead of under it.

10. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia New Member

Anodized aluminum has a fairly high emissivity so it does emit thermal radiation. Paint has a higher emissivity though and either way the effect is probably small so it's just marketing nonsense.

11. jimbok11

jimbok11 New Member

Good looking case...now get me one in red :p

Tags: Add Tags