1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking ram timings on ga-p35c-ds3r

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by notatoad, 26 Feb 2008.

1. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

does anybody have this board? can i manually change the ram timings in the bios? all i see is "mode 1" and "mode 2", which really isn't doing me much good.

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

In the F8 revision bios, under MB Intelligent Tweaker, setting DRAM Timing Selectable to Manual allows you to change RAM timings. This appears to be the same for both Rev1 and Rev2 boards here, although our Rev1 boards needed a BIOS update.

3. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

doh. still on the f2 bios here. thanks a lot.

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Ctrl-F1 in the BIOS unlocks some extra settings apparently.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yep sometimes Gigabyte likes to hide them behind Ctrl+F1. It didn't do it on the DS4 though. I've been complaining about it for years.

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Ctrl-F1 doesn't seem to do anything here, but looking at gigabyte's site we're a little behind on BIOSs, being that the latest ones lists are F10 and F11.

Currently I've got a stack of new P35C-DS3R motherboards taller than I am sitting behind me. We're making the transition from single core workstations to dual core at the moment.

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

defo on the ctrl+F1, allows the timings to be changed. however i believe iv got an early bios revision and it works for me... il check later.

8. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

You need to do the <Ctrl><F1> on the right page (BIOS menu) to get it to open the memory section on the Tweaker page.

Tags: