1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Random Mouse Tracking

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by vdbswong, 26 Apr 2009.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Hi,

It's currently being used with my HTPC system and is part of a Microsoft mouse/keyboard wireless combo.

Basically when used on the coffee table the mouse fails to respond or shows sign that it's not tracking properly. It appears to be a signal problem of some sort since it's evident whether or not a mouse mat is used and the mouse functions perfectly at other locations (will elaborate in next paragraph).

The issue does not appear to be related in terms of height or distance from the receiver nor physical interferance (i.e. blockage of signal) since the mouse tracks perfectly on the sofa (further away than the coffee table) or closer to the coffee table. In fact the only place it doesn't seem to track is being physically *on* the coffee table...

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas ? ¬.¬

Thanks for any help :p

2. martinblueprint

martinblueprint New Member

I would have thought a coffee table is quite a smooth surface with no texture on which to track.
    Have you tried a variety of surfaces?

Have you also tried...and I know ti soudns silly...changing the batteries?

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I don't think it's the coffee table's fault since it doesn't track whether or not i put a mousemat there or not... sometimes it'll track perfectly but it'll usually be a short one off and quickly go back to skipping/not responding.

TBH i actually haven't tried changing the batteries simply because it tracks perfectly on the sofa or on my lap which seems to imply that it's not a power issue =X.

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Try the batteries anyway, though I had this problem with a wired mouse, and what fixed it was replacing it.. Call the company, maybe they can replace/repair it?