1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Rant about google etc

Discussion in 'General' started by profqwerty, 9 Jul 2007.

1. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

So, a few weeks ago, a load of my accounts were compromised (same username / passwords), so I used google's form to ask them to suspend my gmail. I very quickly sorted out my alternate account (school account) and then could use the automatic password reset system. This sorted things out fine. About 5 days later google suspended my account; I have had email conversation with them, the last I sent about 4 days ago saying something like "it's sorted please unsuspend it". But it's still suspended now. :wallbash:

How long does google usually take to respond to emails like this? I guess if i was using google checkout it would be higher priority. This is very annoying as university stuff etc needs sorting, and these are all sending stuff to gmail.

[/rant]

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Sorry, I don't use G-Mail so I wouldn't be able to tell you. But was your Paypal account compromised (if you have one)?

**edit: *Cynically insert IBM biometrics commercial here*

Last edited: 9 Jul 2007
  3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Good luck, having recently had my ebay account compromised (which in turn compromised almost every online account I had) I know it can be a total b***h to get sorted out. Fleabay are still doing weird and unknown things to my account (and like google, they only reacted 2 days after I'd personally sorted the mess out).

Hope you get on better than I have.

Tags: