1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rare NES games up for auction

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Mar 2011.

1. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

2. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

just looked and saw a bid of $23,000.00, still not enough then, well probably for the best.

Also seen it's been relisted: here with a BIN of US $313,370.00 or best offer.

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

.... plus the 10% for the japan make me laugh. If people can spend more than $20K for a game, then just give them to help people in japan !

I know that everyone can spend its money the way they want ... but it makes me feel sad and ashamed when I watch tv and see all the horrible things that happens in the world, when I see people wasting there money for such futile things!

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

GuilleAcoustic, your post reminds me of this xkcd strip. 10% is better than nothing :)

5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

£193,629.51 :eyebrow:

6. GuilleAcoustic

yes, 10% is better than nothing ... but I doubt the game cost him that much money (if any). Those kind of collectors should be sold at auction (maybe a big collector auction) with everything given to charity. That would be a good use of that goods ; ).

I'm just sad to see how money rule the world and how people are acting selfish and rude because of money. I wish everything could be different.

7. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Having a friend and knowing some people in the video games collectors world this might set a new record but the purpose of collecting isn't ridiculous. I've started myself that and before this mass marketed pseudo-collector's edition and so on are nothing compared to the really limited edition or even press kit.
    Most people don't have the knowledge how things roll in that "world" and things that many journalists get for free by attending some press event, collectors are willing to pay a good amount of cash to have that items.
    Even before the GT5 Signature Edition, there was the GT4 LE which was a press kit (which I happen to have) and it's gorgeous. The GT1 LE, GT2 LE are also quite rare and the GT3 is even more. Sony had some games in a special edition because they have reached a new mark on the games produced. New layer and a description saying: To celebrate the 100,000,000 discs produced.
    That same friend of mine has spent over 700 euros on a Uncharted press kit when I've seen the same press kit going over a 1000 dollars.

I reckon it's a huge amount of money, some of us would make better use of it or worst but at least he's giving 10% of something to strangers so their pain can be relieved a bit.

I was going to edit to say that now it's 25%. If rich people get involved, they can help 2 sides in one move, the seller and the victims from the earthquake and tsunami.

Last edited: 21 Mar 2011
  8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Well it is up to 25% now. Anyone else get the feeling he is using peoples charitable nature to get a bigger profit? I mean when charities are involved rich people tend to spend more...

9. GuilleAcoustic

The only thing that makes me feel sad is that it is always a question of profit. You talked about press gift. My wife is a journalist but never accept press gift since she thinks it's a bad habit. But I see many journalist (ebay is a good place to find them) that sell those gift. They got it for free but sell them at full price. A good example, I saw a pair of shoes, but in a color that was only made for journalist as a press gift .... it was on ebay, for direct buy only, and at twice the regular price (for something gotten for free). I think this is not honest, but again people are only chasing money.

10. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

And that's right what it happens. Things are collectible in all their rights but people getting advantage of their position it's almost a 100% certain that they will exploit collectors. I bet some journalists get more than 1 free and give them to someone that will treat the item with due respect but others try to make profit. It's the world we live in. eBay it's THE place to find all that, I've seen a collector selling his whole collection and some things were really desirable.

Sony and such opened their eyes and saw a market there. If journalists are getting 100% profit out of us, why shouldn't we make them available to customers? MW prestige editions, GOW3 pandora's box and such...
    Milk the gamers till dry

11. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

I don't understand that either, and I don't drink. :D

I think it may mean that the game was only supposed to be used at trade shows to show off the peripheral and was never meant to be out in the public's hands. But that's just a guess and I could be way off.

Any other suggestions (no matter how far off the mark they are) are welcome. :)

That's because (In the US anyway) money donated to charity is tax deductible. Sick isn't it? The only way to get big business to donate some of those profits to worthy causes is to make it so the business profits from it. :(

Last edited: 22 Mar 2011
  12. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

what the heck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ497V4Kpoc

aragon, you have to know how it works- minimum 10% of your gross has to go to charity before you can write it off- then it's money deducted off on the tax scale you owe for that year

you just can't write off any amount.. if you zero out what you owe in taxes from charity- you've donated quite a bit of your income and as you know, the tax scale is not dollar for dollar

but rich people would rather give their money to charity than to the government every year (well most- unless your like vice president biden.. I think my dad gave more in one year than he did in 10)

Tags: Add Tags