1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare Sony Headphone? Bet U Never Seen Them Before!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by zelox991, 2 Feb 2008.

1. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Feb 2008
  2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Damn, those things look like the sound almost as good as the Apple Ipod Headphones!!!

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

They look like the standard headphones they give you with a walkman.

4. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Only with every single sony walkman product I have ever owned

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

They're bundled with Sony's MP3 players (as proved by the Walkman logo on them), couldn't tell you which one though.

6. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Yeah..i think i saw a similar one that came with the tube looking sony mp3's
    here is a picture of it.
    http://www.ogormans.co.uk/images/NW-S200B.jpg

and oh..take a look at the one at the bottom of this page.
    http://mp3aware.com/category/sony

they look alike. but i want the model numbers cuz my other friends are asking me and wanted to buy mine.
    I WOULDN'T GIVE THEM AWAY CUZ THEY ARE JUST SOOO GOOD!

7. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Your best option is either ebay or finding a spare parts supplier (perhaps Sony might be able to help) and going through them.

9. bixie_62

bixie_62 Minimodder

usually on the headphones themselves there will be a little code, or somewhere along the cable or on the jack, google that code and it should give you something. at least that is the case with my ex71sl's!

10. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

They are not only the ones that come bundles with stuff from sony, they are the /bad/ ones that come bundled with sony stuff ;)

Go for sony in ear, pro sound :) (or maybe i just havent been spoiled enough ;))

11. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Or just get some Shure's. Awesome phones, but kinda pricey. I have heard they make better ones, but unless your a audio phile it aint worth the astronomical price tag.

:)

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Basic Shure's are an improvement over stock headphones, but they're fairly highly over-rated. There are plenty of other very decent 'phone manufacturers out there.

In-ear has been ruined by the masses discovering it, a few years ago you could be fairly sure that any £30 of in-ears would sound pretty good. These days, theres loads more over-priced **** on the market because the masses have discovered them and want something to go with their new Ipods :(

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Etymotic ER4P cheesecake.
    Though Ultimate Ears are probably loads better, but obscenely expensive.

I've got some of those sonys somewhere, no idea why though, as the only sony bits I have are a broken camera and some other earphones (EX71, which are surprisingly decent)

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

For cheap, near-disposable jobs I use Sennheiser MX300's, cheap but cheerful. That, and I can't stand the in-ear jobs, not just because they're uncomfortable, but much more likely to get you run down in the street. :p

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Likewise. While I understand the value of in-ears (I was using them back when it was hard to find a pair under £75) I really wish standard earbuds were still common. They're much better for when you're out and about. In-ears isolate you pretty much completely, but with earbuds I can still hear traffic, and say thanks to people when I'm walking about town (something one needs to do remarkably often) without shouting or having to take them out.

There is still a single company making proper decent earbuds, but they're US based so if you want them, you really have to pay (still, with the US dollar currently valued at slightly less than a $10 monopoly note, it's not too bad).

16. StevenJam

StevenJam What's a Dremel?

Sennheisers are good, I think them headphones are in bundles

17. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

lol

whatever you guys fancy (i'm not going to bore you with my personal favs), this thread is about those things on top. So:

Here's the easy way to solve this: contact sony.
    I don't think that they mind you being over the moon about these headphones, and i ESPECIALLY think they won't mind your friends wanting to buy some :D
    If there are any numbers or markings on the cable or the jack, email them that, and you'll get an answer.

18. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

really dont understand your point
    traffic, i have eyes, when i've got earphones in im just a little more careful
    talking to people, well when i go into a shop or get on the bus or whatever i take one out...

standard earbuds suck in pretty every single situation :p

19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, trafficwise, sure I look more, but it's just nice to have a little bit of situational awareness. I can hear people moving around me, I know when someone enters a room I'm in, I know if a car is around a corner. For talking to people in a shop or on bus I'll take mine out, but if I walk around town for a few hours chances are I'll have to say several words to various people, generally just "thanks" to people who get out of my way (People in Inverness walk really slowly) but also saying hi to people or sorry if I bump into someone. I just like to be able to be able to do all that without having to fumble to take my earphones out (by which time it's invariably too late).

Stock earbuds suck, sure, but you can get decent ones. Much more decent than most people realise, and if you do, you're rewarded with a decent listening experience and still have some situational awareness and talking ability left. Shitty in-ears suck just as much as shitty earbuds, and good earbuds can be nearly as good as good in-ears.

20. Minifly3

Minifly3 What's a Dremel?

They look like the headphones that come with the new sony Ericson phones to me..