1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Raspberry Pi in a bay

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by dark_avenger, 24 Jul 2012.

1. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

I did think about taping into the 5v standby on the main PC but just having the power supply on without the PC on draws more than the RaspPi!

Currently it's still a little slow rendering pages with lots of pictures, etc but the software is being updated daily and drivers with hardware acceleration are on their way so it will only get better.

The position of the power next to the SD-Card is a bit of an issue. The only thing is if powered by the GPIO pins there is no power protection so a fuse is recommended inline just incase.

Haha was waiting for that.

If they weren't that expensive I always wanted to put 5 in a full size case :)
    A RaspPi should make a perfect replacement, what OS were you running on the Artigo?

Put a multimeter on the PSU and see if you get output and work from there. Might be worth reviving.

That could be handy. Cheers.

2. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Yeah thats a good point I´ll see if I get output and take it from there.

I used win xp with pretty much nothing on it, just avast, an ftp client, and utorrent, accessed both machines (that one and the one it was in) through remote desktop from my main pc, it was quite handy.

And yeah lol they where (and are) incredibly expensive, specially considering their power

3. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

I still occasionally have a look on ebay for them last time I saw one up it went for over AUD$400!
    I could have 10x RaspPi's for that! Hopefully we are about to see an age of small, cheap and powerful computers.

Currently posting this from the RaspPi running Raspbian setup on my desk as I'm awaiting some cables before I can finish off the project.

Need a right angle 3.5mm headphone jack as a straight one will not fit with the HDMI cable pushing from the other side.

4. asura

asura jack of all trades

Have you considered synergy instead of a hardware KVM - I don't know if it'll work on the Pi, but if it does, then that *could* be the way to go, though you'd need a second monitor, a small 10" screen could do the job...

5. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

I'll have to have a look at that tonight looks quite useful.
    The source code is on the website so should be able to compile it on the Pi....