1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics RaspberryPi Amp Box - UPDATE - up and running!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by talladega, 14 Feb 2013.

1. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I made a post once about such a product (called lazertran) : http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=2804353&postcount=33

Here is what you can expect :

[​IMG]

It's a really nice and affordable method.

2. llPsyCholl

llPsyCholl What's a Dremel?

damn the picture looks nice, but the link to the guide in you old thread does not work =( can you give a link to a new guide to transfer to alu? =)

3. landspeeder95

landspeeder95 What's a Dremel?

I had a water cooled pc whose D5 vario would cause noise over: HDMI, USB DAC, and USB sound cards. Unplugging the D5 would result in instant clear audio. The solution was using an Asus Xonar D2X via the analog out. This was hooked up to an Emotiva UMC-1 ->XPA-5-0>Clearwave 4TT and 4CC.

I hope you resolve this issue, both for your own enjoyment, and as I would greatly like to use your work as a template for a small office system (winking at a Zaph Speaker myself). ;)
    So anyways – thanks!

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I agree it was an awful video, but the principle was there to be shown, and gives him the idea to research.

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

That Lazertran looks kinda like the stuff I used except mine was inkjet.
    I'm good with how it is now. I don't need labels on the front and how the back looks doesn't matter much.

I think the noise issue is from using crappy onboard audio from my PC as like I mentioned before it didn't do it from my DAC hooked up to my HTPC.

So for now it is done. I think I'm gonna leave the speaker terminals as is for now. At least until I build some speakers. Will also put in the network port later on, but that isn't a super urgent component.

If I were to build another one the only thing I would change would be to make a PCB or atleast do a better job on the input switch. It works, but was a major PITA to solder. The USB HUB could have been done better as well, but works fine.

I'll post some final pics later.

6. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Great job matey :thumb:

7. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I loved this project heaps. Well done buddy :)