1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate My Brand New website

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ultimate Gamer, 13 Mar 2007.

?

Rate my site please!

1. 1, worst site ever!

8.3%
  2. 2, terriable

16.7%
  3. 3, not good at all

16.7%
  4. 4, needs improvements

33.3%
  5. 5, thats not that good

8.3%
  6. 6, hmm i dont really like it

8.3%
  7. 7, you can do better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8, Yea thats not the best but okay

4.2%
  9. 9, Yea it good but not the best

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10, Yea Its GREAT!

4.2%
  1. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

Well i just finished my website a week or two ago i have been working on it for about 2 months now and it has been alot of hard work so i would like some people to rate it and tell me what i should change or add also check out all of my cool services if you need image hosting i do image hosting :D link is in my sig also. its also a reviewing site for hardware and i am testing that script right now and it works so going to post a review :D

Link

1 - 10 and a comment please 10 the best 1 the worst!

Thanks a bunch!

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Looks ok to me, this page has faulty image links for me, and this could do with being bulked out, maybe a thumbnail image next to the link?

3. Ultimate Gamer

yup just fixed page is 99% working now it is because the bbcode wasent working and i was trying to fix it not sure why also good idea image next to the text better yet a thumbnail and text under it!

4. Cuban

Cuban What's a Dremel?

first of, good work :) i like the colour scheme and the layout is solid.
    however a couple of minor things, the text on the guides page can be hard to read.
    the other thing for me is the black space at the top each side of the logo, just makes it seem a little empty. i think it just needs something to stop it being a black block, maybe adding a background image.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2007
  5. TMM

TMM Modder

It has potential, but:

-The top banner is far too tall, and makes the page take ages to load
    -It would look better if the banner spanned the entire width of the page, or if the site was the width of the banner (like the bit-tech homepage).
    -The site would look better imo with a Sans serif font like Verdana or Tahoma. Serif fonts should still be used where there is a lot of text, like in the body of an article though.

:thumb:

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

• not enough content to justify the fluid full width layout.
    • Header looks silly. Its very tall and only about a 3rd of the width of the site on my screen...
    • Colours are badly used. You've got that awesome blue in the silly header and you've let the content just become bland and grey.
    • I dislike borders that stand out that much - personal preference though.
    • random clickable things in the side bars. Put them all in one place. Out of sight and mind unless people want to click them.
    • Why would anyone give you a donation? Take that away for now... Once you've brought some more reviews out and stuff. Then you can put it back...
    • Horribly slow site.. It takes forever to load and is loading from some random location that makes me suspicious because of the similarity to all those spam servers that send me penis enlarging email. s1.jcink.com - yucky...
    • I do like those nice clear images in the review though....

Overall I'd say its very 5 years ago...

7. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

I think it's a load of nonsense, really. There's no need for links for every type of hardware unless you've got loads of reviews hitting your site every day, and even then, I'd have it as more of a sub-selection.

• Why are you showing visitor locations on the homepage - nobody cares.
    • Nobody will donate to you - seriously.
    • There's not a lot of content presentation to evaluate (the main purpose of a website!?!??!) so I'm not quite sure what to say.
    • The header should be 100% width and I prefer fixed width as it gives you control over text columns - reading wide columns of text is generally hated.
    • The colours are horrible. Use colour properly, i.e. to emphasize certain areas, to give information, or draw the eye.
    • Why use XHTML Transitional? Why not go the whole hog to proper XHTML?
    Excuse my slightly curt reply but I'm not impressed with all these terrible websites asking for a critique - nobody ever listens or changes anything.

8. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

What Mary Jo and Will said.. ^^^

9. nry

nry Minimodder

Needs work, but its a start...

Header looks nice, but far too big, also text looks stretched
    The font seems to be times new roman?
    As said before, visitor locations???
    Donations? Only worth it if you have a popular website, even then it looks desperate.

10. Ultimate Gamer

It shouldent be sending you stuff like that it is my friends server and i am very good friends with him and he wouldent do stuff like that or are you like making a comparison to like other sites like s1.bleh.com or somthing like that and yea i need to make a new header and stuff. :D

11. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I think I would have to give the website a really low score.

1)I dislike the color scheme- I think it is way to dark. I think you would be better off with a few white areas.
    2)I think you should refine the menu and use image links instead of txt links- txt links just look old-fashioned.
    3) I think the black space on the outside of the page should be removed or dramatically reduced.
    4) Don't put the forum links and the review links on opposite sides of the page.
    5) Use a reviews section instead of 10+ links on the homepage.
    6) make the banner shorter, and stretch it across the whole page. The black beside the banner looks way too empty and only makes me think "did he forget something?"

Now I admire the fact that webpage has some nice features already, such as the forum. However, I am picky with what pages of the web I choose to view.

L J

12. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

Never use an image where text will do!!

13. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I think there's a lot to do and you already seem to be ignoring many of the comments.

14. Ultimate Gamer

im not ignoring the comments i just dont have time at the moment i am very busy with school i am working on a mod i want to finish tommorow or somthing i am just too busy for exampple today i had 6 test at school not much fun tommorow i have like another 3 its just crazy :waah:

15. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

Then why ask for a critique? You obviously don't have the time to fix the suggestions.