1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Rate the above persons rig/sig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AoE, 22 Feb 2012.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

6/10

Dont want water cooling and the system I'm using is as good, Fyi the HDD is a SSD with a standard HDD in one

Last edited: 20 Mar 2012
  2. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

9.5/10 for you Teel :D

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Holy rig Batman! 9.5/10 because it's too insane. *Trollface*

4. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

NEW OC

5. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

All right, let me know what RAM you will be getting and I'll give you a generous score.

Haha on the SSD comment. If you've played Operation Arrowhead then you'll know it's fussier than the bride's mother-in-law on a wedding day. Due to the amount of data the game deals with, anything like a fragmented drive will hinder performance. Due to the characteristics of a SSD, you don't have to worry about disk fragmentation and therefore you don't experience as much of a slowdown. Still, the CPU is a major bottleneck in the game and if you go to the Bohemia Interactive forums. You'll see quite a few have overclocked their CPUs to at least 4GHz.

Yeah good advice on the GPU upgrade. I ought to wait until the GTX 680 is released just to see how much it is anyway. Although I'll probably be tempted to still go for the 580 given that it should be reduced in price by the former's release.

I've added a few items to my signature. Notably the NZXT Lexa case and two Logitech peripherals. I'm guessing I'll be marked down for the Lexa case as it's not quite as spacious as other cases.

6. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Yeah, your CPU should be good for 4-4.2GHz with relative ease. So go do it! :D Is that an original Lexa or a Lexa S? I'd still go for 7/10, due to a relatively low end cooler and not having faster memory. Still a very good rig though :thumb:

As for memory I'm buying, I'm not sure at the moment. I was gonna get 8GB 1600 Vengeance but it seems wrong after having 8GB 2133 lol

7. Retro~Burn

Retro~Burn Electronically Debauched Fiend

If I use something like the Corsair H100, would that be enough for overclocking? If I could change my CPU HSF, I would go for one from the Gelid range, bonus points? :p

My case is the original Lexa which is the Lexa Blackline (with a 'silver steel' finish).

As for better memory for my system. Well it all depends on budget, but if you look at my motherboard:

Asus P6T SE

It lists the following as compatible memory (CPU providing):

DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)*/1800(O.C.)*/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

I assume the "O.C" means overclocked. What does that mean exactly? Would I have to adjust some settings in the BIOS?

I'll give you a score of 8.5/10. As you've got two different memory options there. Your card is old (not as old as mine but still of a pensionable age). Bonus for modding a case, which if I recall isn't the top of a modder's list? Good choice of PSU. Is it modular though?

8. noizdaemon666

Unfortunately not modular, but once my case mod is done (there is a project log but I haven't done any of it in ages due to work and now moving house) they should all be hidden from view (hopefully :D).

I do want stupidly fast memory again, but not sure if the accounts department (re: the fiancee) will allow it :hehe:

The O.C. bit means you have to up your bclk to achieve the speed, in essence you need to overclock. Easiest way is to set your bclk to 10% of your RAM speed then use the 10x memory strap. Obviously then changing your CPU multiplier to get whatever speed you want.

I like the original Lexa, we had one where I work for years (no one wanted it :() A little cramped if I remember correctly?

H100 is probably overkill, the H80 is an awesome cooler and doesn't take up as much space as the H100 (which offers not so much more cooling over its little brother). And I'll only give bonus points if you strap 3 fans to a Gelid Tranquillo :lol:

9. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

4/10

not sure how to rate when it has 0Gb Ram??

10. noizdaemon666

Updated to sig due to so much confusion lol the ram will be replaced once my board is back from RMA.

And 4/10. Lower spec GPU, no overclocks. Decent amount of RAM and HDD space. Good board.

11. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

overclocking terrifies me :D

12. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

DO IT! You've always got the forum's if you want advice/help :)

13. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

lol, i just have a feeling i'll go out for a cig and come back to a computer glowing orange and smoke being blown out the back :).

i am planning on giving it ashot but want to learn everything there is to know about it first :D

14. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I've come back after you all shot my rig down for my amazing GTX260's in SLI. xD

See Jelly: #1 - #2

RATE ME OH MIGHTY RATER'S

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

7/10 for only 1 GTX680 those GTX260's was awsome :hehe:, I jest lol I'll give you 9/10 :)

Votick likes this.
  16. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

LOL xD

17. Jaybles

Jaybles What's a Dremel?

8.5/10 because you only have 2 screens ^^

18. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

Can I have anothet go, updated something but I wont tell you what. Lets see if it changes ;)

To the guy above me, 6.85. Pretty nice system

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

6/10 - you have an amazing system......except for that GPU!

20. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

8/10... awesome rig with the 30inch screen!