1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Rayman Legends

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 12 Feb 2013.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well, well. Ubisoft have announced that the once WiiU exclusive Rayman Legends will now not be released until September to coincide with the newly announced 360 and PS3 ports - even though it is ready now!!

I really don't get this at all. At a time when WiiU owners are crying out for some new games, this one especially, it being one of the 'Launch Titles' and all, it makes no commercial sense. Ubisoft have already paid for the advertising, the demo has been on the Wii Store for months and it has been up there on the 'pre orders' list since day 1. Also, as I said already - it's finished and ready to go.

The problem is that by September, with the probability of the next Xbox release only a month later and the 'PS4' soon after the WiiU may already be dead. I hope not, because I think it has something to offer, but without actual games to play on it, it's hard to keep fighting its corner!

Does anyone else see any logic in this decision at all?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

No logic. And people are pissed and voicing on the Ubisoft UPlay Channel on the MiiVerse forum system of the WiiU:

But that was a few days ago...
    Today, Rayman creator and development team protesting as well!
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/12/39...evelopment-team-protest-rayman-legends-launch

The game was deisgned since day one specifically for teh WiiU, the game is now done and polished. But nopw Ubisoft decided to port the game on other console until September.

This is stupid in all ways:
    -> September we will be bombarded of new games on all system, including the WiiU

-> The WiiU library of kick-ass games is very slim.. it's a new console, if sold now, they have a near guaranty that all WiiU users will get Rayman Legends game.

-> As the game was specifically designed for the WiiU, the ports will be crap on the other console and for sure not as fun.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Also, having played the demo - it's hard to see how it will translate as it does make quite good use of the gamepad. I know they say it will play more like Origins on the other consoles, but that's just silly - the whole point of the game seems to be around using the controller in a reasonably innovative way.

I was a bit late to the story as I was only prompted when Amazon told me my pre-order would be delayed by six months!!!

It's a crazy situation as I have the feeling my WiiU will remain pretty much un-played for most of this year!

4. GoodBytes

nha. your WiiU won't be unplayed. other kick-ass games are coming. Nintendo arranged it's release of it's own games around the original release dates of third party games. The reason why Nintendo did this, was to not have it's game overshadow third party games. So now we have a hole, especially that other developer delayed their game release (but this may be good.. as it could be 'quick ports', or 'quick cash in' turned into: 'let's make a good game').

Honestly, this time Nintendo brings out the red carpet treatment to third party developers, since the WiiU development, and now they all **** on Nintendo face, and back stab Nintendo.
    EA, Somewhat Activision and now Ubisoft. Activision needs to see big sales number to change their mind. That company only look at numbers. CoD BlackOps 2 didn't sale well on the WiiU due that people who got it, already have a XBox360 or PS3, and have their friends on those consoles. The switch is impossible.

The good news is that Nintendo also have a red carpet treatment to indi's
    -> Inexpensive to get the SDK and dev console
    -> Full Nintendo Support
    -> Inexpensive fees for online eShop sales
    -> Free and unlimited updates of games

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I had my eye on 'Lego City - Undercover' but previews have not been great. It will be interesting to see how the WiiU does this year. I really like the controller and it's a shame that (other than ZombieU) it hasn't really been utilised. We'll see I guess!

6. GoodBytes

no good previews ?!
    Where did they say that the game isn't good?

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Wiiu will live or die by exclusive games it gets or does not.

Global sales are around 4million.

Think most would buy it if they made a 3d Pokemon game like what's on ds that would get a few sales.

All new released consoles have struggled somewhat.

3ds vita wiiu have been blaming mobile devices for its sales issues personally feel its just lack of good games on each device.

8. GoodBytes

I agree with rollo.
    But the WiiU won't die. It's Nintendo. they were in harder spots than this before. The problem is lack of interesting games. It's all recycle games. Nintendo knows this already, and that is why they said that they will change the core mechanics of the new Zelda game. It will be a different Zelda game. (not to be confused with the HD remake and remaster game play: Zelda: WindWaker). Would be interesting to see how it turns out.

They are also bringing back a Yoshi game, and working on a new crossover or new IP.. well there isn't any name, so that game:

It's from Nintendo own "side" studios: Monolith Soft

And Nintendo is pushing other third party studio original IPs more, like Wonderful 101 and Lego City: Undercover.

This is excellent for the WiiU success. And this is fantastic for a new console.

Big publishers don't want to take risks... risks meaning having their stock go down big time, by no pleasing investors. So why do they do? Recycle, recycle, recycle. Always playing it safe.
    Several years ago, indi game's where not known. No one cared about them. Today, it's a growing and known market, as it's the only place to find original content. Before, no one cared, as games were always very new and refreshing.