Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by l3p, 21 Sep 2013.
Wow, all great stuff, loving the razer res tubes and custom SSD plates.
Good work Peter and very nice update!
love what you are doing with the build, dont like the ssd idea in its curren form though. it looks like is is just a pcb sandwitched between 2 acrylic plates(looks cheap). i would suggest to make a pocket in the acrylic plates so they close on the side. so that way it would become a custom ssd casing.
Man its looking good!
Kinda wonder if I should have used some UV in my loop?!
Thanks Justin! Guess it's vice versa
Thanks a lot guys!
Thanks! Sorry don't have a CNC in my shed lol.
Actually need them to be open, the chip on the ssd was attached to the aluminum housing with a thermalpad. So being open it will have some cooling.
Thanks man! Watch out for the UV addiction lol .. it got me
Visa Versa? My Latin is rusty, but wouldn't that be the sight upon turning or the other/changed sight? (see changed, I changed, depending on whether you're using video, videre, etc.) I don't think the tense is right anyway, but I'd need to ask someone who knew more.
Vice versa is what you were after.
Sorry, you're right lol, edited
And a small update for the weekend.
Little check how the cables would look like.
And bad news :/
I won't be able to use the prototype ShroudRes, at this point it's just to much of a risk, hours and adjustments to get it working right. Will be using a ShroudRes in a next project though.
But .. found a way to have more cooling and in the same style as the other rads.
Because the mainboard is on the left side of the desk I don't have the space for an extra Admiral + fans.
So came up with something else
A 45mm radiator + fans in an Admiral housing
Also the acrylic SSD covers arrived from ModWithMe.
Removed the laser dust as good as possible.
After messing around for an hour with different pipes, spacers and nuts in different sizes I found something else. Rubber fan mounts from TFC.
I love Friday evenings.
Slide em in.
Works perfectly with the rubber corners
And some UV light from different corners.
Somehow I like them a lot in daylight.
Corsair Neutrylic GTX
Looks absolutely gorgeous Peter! Great mod with the SSDs. I tried the full plexi replacement box myself but in no way it came out as good as this. Top notch!
Those SSD's just look the part!
Awesome job mate!
Those SSD's look so good, I can see those as something Corsair would release to market
I wouldn't mind at all if Corsair offered SSD's like these
thread should be renamed "PC component porn"
Here an update of a little side project already running for 9 months
It's a pretty long story with a lot of photos but will try to keep it short.
For this project I wanted something else then the standard fangrills.
Did see the MNPC Overkill guards a few time, but when you need 2x 360 and 2x 480, that's like $600.
So .. Scott Bruins (Red Harbinger designer) and I decided to have some fun.
This is what he came up with (Scott's awesome! )
This is what came out after a lot of tweaking.
Few tests in front.
And, what we thought, a final design. Back then still with a closed front. About 7 months ago.
But .. you still need to know someone with a CNC who is willing to do it.
Off course Ivo (The guy that CNC-ed the MARSII block) loved the idea joined us, he could use a few himself too.
And he also happen to have some nice 120x10mm bricks of aluminum.
First he had to edit the design again since the current one didn't fit the 120x10mm.
But no problem.
And we're on the way for 5 months
Again no problem.
Ivo is pretty happy with them himself too.
If you look carefully you can see a pretty weird GPU in his pc
Once at my place .. totally love them!
Wanted to see them on the 'Raz3rator' too. Also added a small UV ledstrip.
And quickly polished the 360
Hmm ... all I need now is acrylic.
ModWithMe still had a piece from my last order ... perfect fit!
Now all I need is a nice design.
I found this background online ... sold!
So, brainstorming again
Scott had it translated to solidworks in no-time.
But before Sander was able to cut it the design had a long way to go.
Design went from Scott > me > Ivo > me > Sander > Ivo > Sander > Scott > me/Sander before they would actually fit the edited design
And so, 8 months later.
It became a design with 2 layers.
And this Saturday ..
First a quick fit again
Very nice work Sander!
Need to know how it would look on a radiator
Frames still nice and rough.
Lets change that first. (last night)
And a little polishing.
And with just UV
Small amount of glue on the corners.
I'm very happy with the end result.
And ... I can always re-use them ... the acrylic is easy to replace for a different design/color.
Thanks a lot Scott, Ivo and Sander, it was an awesome 'little' project!
good god! Aluminum AND acrylic porn in one shroud!
WOW.. that's Awesome little project
Awesome work guys!
That's an awfully wasteful way to make those. Extruding and machining would probably waste less material, though you'd need to be making an awful lot of them to justify extruding.
Aluminium 3D printers would be fun.
Still, that's some sexy billet porn.
Pete something funny just happen in my pants.
Thanks man! Yep .. I love aluminum and acrylic
Thanks from all of us
We did look into a design so you can assemble them together with bolts.
But when Ivo said he had some spare 120x10 ... why not
Thanks Primum Agmen!
Still the weirdest comment I read sometimes ..
Lol thanks James
They are beautiful. Great work guys.
Separate names with a comma.