1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Razer and a Customer

Discussion in 'General' started by HD6950 P5430, 26 Nov 2018.

1. HD6950 P5430

HD6950 P5430 What's a Dremel?

An interesting support conversation I had with Razer ... what do you think?
    I am disappointed with the outcome, I was going to say "with them", but its a big company with lots of working parts.

Picture doesn't do Justice, but its twisting and starting to blister through. What I consider a shoddy cable, the very weak link in a great product ... and sadly its downfall.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/itdwh2p70diqu3h/IMG.jpg?dl=0
    The following is parts of the conversation I had with razer...

Sat, 3 Nov 2018 08:49 Support Case: 02611300

I purchased "Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2Gaming" headset in May and it's now November for 90 sterling. The braided cable has twisted and started to blister through the braid, so I complained because it had only been 6 months. After a few emails explaining problem and images of problem as well as proof I purchased from amazon …

Wed, 7 Nov 2018 08:16 Razer warranty team

I hope you are well.

I am truly sorry to say this but the warranty team is not able to replace your headset. From their experience, this happens when the headset is twisted every time you place this one on your head. Through cyclic use, this twisting can result in the phenomenon which you have observed with your headset. I am afraid this is not covered by the warranty as this is qualified as incorrect use of the device.

I understand this was not the outcome you were expecting and I apologies for this. I remain open to any feedback or reply you may want to share with us.

I wish you a great day James, hoping this news will not inconvenience you too much.

Kind Regards,

Angelo

Wed, 7 Nov 2018 10:04 James (Me)

I want to make a formal complaint for the product Razer Kraken V2. I wasn't looking for a replacement, because honestly I wouldn't want the same headset because of the poor quality of the cable. This is deal breaker.

I have purchased multiple products from razer, including a mouse with the same braided cord. Purchased roughly around the same time of the headset. No twisting phenomenon in such a short time period.

To the warranty team, there must have been extensive test on your products. What is the time frame that this "cyclic use" twisting occurs? It has been barley 6 month from purchase to my complaint, I purchased in May 2018 and it's just gone November. I noticed this "twisting phenomenon" a few months before, but haven't had time to complain due to family circumstances.

So what your warranty team is saying, that 6 months is an acceptable time frame for this to happen and not to be fixed? And worse, to further insult me by stating that placing the headset on my head is "qualified as incorrect use of the device"?

Half of me wants to know where the correct instructions for placing a headset on my head are? What page in the manual? What page in the warranty?

I was hoping for some good will gesture, not a replacement, but definitely not an excuse to say that 6 months is acceptable time frame and that I can't place a headset on my head correctly.

I am disappointed by the response. You can always get bad products even from good companies. I still class Razer as good products and a good company. But you can always tell a lot by customer service and I am sorry that was the worst mistake to have made, to turn it around and blame the customer.

08/11/2018 2:39 PM, "Razer Support"

You met Angelo, you met Clement... It's time to meet Orianne!

I hope you are doing well!

To be honest, I totally agree with your answer, and I know my colleagues do too.

I sent a message to our warranty team to inform them:

- That I consider that if this headset needs an extra-care to be used, it should appear somewhere ; it is not.

- That putting a headset on a head cannot be considered as misused, and that if the headset needs to be placed in a specific position, it should be mentioned somewhere ; it is not.

- That you are not responsible but Razer is as they designed a really long cable but with a too low quality to handle the size without breaking components. This is a constructor issue, this is not your fault.

- That you bought a mouse with the same cable, with no issue on the same period of time.

I asked them to reconsider their first answer.

I will come back to you as soon as possible to let you know what they did answer to my request.

I wish you a lovely day James.

Kind regards,

Orianne

Tue, 13 Nov 2018 09:24 "Razer support"

This is Orianne again!

I am glad I made you laugh as this email will not be that fun...

Our warranty team keeps on the same position, considering that the headset should have been placed in the same position after each use. They also consider that the cable should have been untwisted regularly to avoid this situation.

I am really sorry for this answer.

In order to assist you further, I would like to inform you about 2 little things.

Firstly, we have some promotions:

- 10€ if you subscribe to the Newsletter,

- 20€ if you fill this form: https://www.razer.com/fr-fr/signup/tell-us-more

- 15% on our peripherals in you are student or military.

Secondly, once your case will be close, you will receive a survey.

Do not hesitate to note this survey regarding the negative answer you received. You can leave a note for the persons who handled your case, but in your situation, I think it could be interesting to focus on warranty team's answer (for the comment and for note). We always appreciate getting nice reviews, but we prefer making sure that you will be heard.

Do not hesitate to share with them how you felt when you received our answer! Your previous email was clear and well written, it could be interesting for the "survey team" to read this kind of comments from a customer.

Do not hesitate to come back to me if you have any question or inquiry.

I will gladly answer and assist you!

Once again, I would like to apologize for the answer.

I wish you a lovely day James.

Kind regards,

Orianne

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Orianne is right to highlight the survey.
    Fill in the survey, if enough negative ones come back then people in a management position at Razer will eventually find out about it because there is no doubt that the scoring from surveys is a KPI.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Doesn't sound all that reasonable to me. Since it's within a year you might have more luck dealing directly with Amazon. Their live chat is good.

4. veato

veato I should be working

Look, you clearly misused the headset by placing it on...er... your head, so it's hardly Razers fault!

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My headset's a Creative... something, I dunno, with a far-too-thin and non-sleeved cable. When I've finished using it, I wrap the cable around my hand and hook it and the headset over an under-desk mount. (I've also run over it more than a few times with my chair's castors...)

It's fine. Like, 100%. Good as new. And that's a headset which is probably... Oof, six years old? Seven?

I'd be telling Amazon it's clearly faulty and sending it back for a full refund, personally, regardless of what Razer claims.

6. veato

veato I should be working

Is it a braided cable issue specifically because the photo of your heatset cable does bear an uncanny resemblance to the braided cable on any iron I've ever owned.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Braided cables suck ass and shouldn't be on any product ever. I had the same thing happen to a USB cable for my Logitech Artemis.If you think about it, this is a natural end for a high aspect ratio braided cable.

Fill out the negative feedback. Maybe Razer will learn not to use braided cables.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I had it on a Logitech G9 (or was it G9x?, too long ago), I ended up removing the braiding because that stuff just isn't really suitable for cables that move around a lot.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think they're right. That's some hideously severe twisting. They could reasonably assume it would be untangled regularly so shouldn't cause an issue. That looks like you've been using it for cats cradle.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Badly braided cables bunch up and twist like that without too much provocation. I had some cheap headphones that looked like that practically out of the box.

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

My mouses cable still looks mostly like new even though I've had it for 4 or 5 years. Corsair M95.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I don't understand the braided cables phenomenon.

They collect dust like a mother, are a pain to clean, and don't look appreciably better.

With regards to OP, it seems like crappy design/implementation of design on Razer's part that they don't want to acknowledge because it'll cost a boatload - Or their internal docs say other braided cables of theirs with similar dimensions don't have a problem thus this kind of issue is user based and nothing more.

I'd go through Amazon if Razer won't do anything about it, given that it's 6 months old.

13. HD6950 P5430

HD6950 P5430 What's a Dremel?

@Anfield
    After several weeks of waiting I had to complain again just to get the email with the link to the survey. They just must love listening to me…

@veato
    I don't know what happen to the braided cable. Just that it shouldn't be like this after 4-6 months and definitely not that bad.

@The_Crapman
    If I was playing Just Dance 27 with the headset on, I would so agree.
    But I take from your gaming rid specs you are a first person shooter gamer yourself… and I know, you know that we are not often known for our excessive moments of any kind. We sit still, in a chair, for long periods of time.
    Razer assumed that I must have done it on purpose because I am complaining about it. This is unfair, they don't assume that one of their products could be faulty.
    (And don't get me wrong, Razer does fantastic high quality stuff.)
    But further insulted me "Well obviously you can't place your headset on right, so it not our problem." That is bad customer service for two reason, it blames the customer and doesn't listen to what I have to say.

@wolfticket
    @Pete J
    @yuusou
    @liratheal

Thanks for your support.
    The headset itself is built well and a great product, but the braided cable is such a let-down.
    I will think again when I buy something from Razer, especially a £90 headset. I should have gone wireless…

@Gareth Halfacree
    I will probably complain to Amazon, but what has me upset is the warranty teams response. I guess this is all a rant really

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Braided cables on headphones absolutely suck. I have a pair of Hifiman I have been using lately and the cables are doing my head in. Thankfully they are replaceable.

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

FTFY

edzieba and The_Crapman like this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Just go back to amazon and ask them to sort it usually they are pretty good.

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I know when I pick up my headphones if the cable has got twisted a few times, you can feel and see it and I'll then rotate it round to correct it, or even sometimes unplug it and straighten it all out.

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It depends on how the braiding is done. If it's super tight then that means stiff. My Hifiman are terrible. My Beyer T5P? incredible.

That is about your only recourse with Razer.Half of their support staff don't even know what the product is, because they've never seen it (made in China).

That is why I was so wary about buying a Razer Huntsman. However, I made sure to buy it from Amazon, as Razer are about as helpful as perforated condoms.

I paid too much for my Boomslang 07. Far too much. Thing is? it's the best Razer product I have ever owned, only now I can't use it because it misbehaves in anything post Windows 7. I contacted Razer customer support asking if they were thinking of updating the driver and I got "Please contact who you bought it from" in response. When I replied to them, somewhat puzzled asking what that had to do with the price of fish they then told me "Your product warranty is with the reseller of the product, not us". But I didn't contact them about warranty I contacted them about a possible driver update for a £130 mouse.

Since then? on and off the wagon. I had a Salmosa that squeaked better than an actual physical mouse, a Naga that died (right click button) and have seen some super duper shoddy efforts from them, including a Tron chiclet keyboard and Tron mouse that had both failed shortly after the year was out (not mine, a friend's).

However, I did own a keyboard and it was actually quite lovely so I have again taken the risk. Not touching their mice, though.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2018
  20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean.. Depending on the goal, that may not be a deal breaker for some folk.