1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer announces Anansi MMO keyboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 27 Oct 2010.

1. sstteevveenn

sstteevveenn What's a Dremel?

hmm, unless I'm missing something, the DAS keyboard is totally not worth it. I know there are different versions, but was one of them not a rebadged g80-3000 which can be had for £60 plus postage. Besides, black keyboards are inherently evil. :p

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Looks like there are already better options out there. I might have to try out this one I looked at: "Belkin Nostromo n52te SpeedPad Game pad"

It looks much more comfortable than a standard keyboard with extra thumb buttons.

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I have the n52te and my thumb does a hell of a lot more than just jump - it also handles movement through the 8-way thumb-pad freeing up my fingers to do skills instead of resting on wasd.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

some people saying you would remember what the ability is by looking at the colour, can i ask what was the last mmo you played that give you time to remember what the button does before the item your tanking dpsing or healing is either dead or your dead.

i can just see this in a hardcore guild why did you fail at fire ( i was looking at which coloured button moves my character ) you would be laughed outta the guild.

and at this cost its designed for the hardcore pvpers or pve players in games like wow and star trek online or whatever other mmo you care to list. In pvp in most games you get a few seconds to react before your dead. Its also crazy to think most hardcore players dont have macros for every ability memorised to the keys around them. Q E T R are popular macro keys.

5. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

"the usual twelve ability keys, instantly accessing functions that would previously have taken a mouse click to get at" I'm guessing you don't usually play MMO's but any decent MMO will allow you to remap to any button on the keyboard.
    Still don't see why i would replace my X4.

The problem with the n52te is it doesn't have enough buttons and that thumb stick is horrible.

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

If it's mechanical, yes imo.

7. jimjam205

jimjam205 What's a Dremel?

Hmm extra buttons on the keyboard might be quite handy but would it be more comforatbale using these rather then extra buttons on a mouse? may have to see

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Actuallly, I do - but my point is that you can now remap abilities to the 12 keys plus the new 7 modifiers, giving you 96 possible keys to map. Does *your* keyboard have 96 keys spare to map abilities to?

See what I was getting at now?

Last edited: 28 Oct 2010
  9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The thumbstick does take a bit of getting used to and I still don't use it for anything other than WoW, I admit but I'm surprised at the assertion that there aren't enough buttons.

I have shift, ctrl and alt defined as the first column, there's a block of 9 buttons and then the ones on the right I've defined as - and =. Between those there's 44 combinations with having to press more than 2 keys at once.

44 is more than enough, I find.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm with you on that, I wouldn't buy a keyboard withoput them.

11. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

yes I used a n52 TE because I got carpal tunnel playing WASD in WOW and trying to spam 0-9 number pads for spells with ctrl and shift as modifiers. I found that using your thumb to move (similar to any console controllers) freed up your fingers to hit a big row of spells. I set up the two buttons as ctrl and shift modifiers then had the as 0-9 and - =. I used bar tender to rearrange action bars in the shape of the keypad and so that when I pressed a macro my AB's would page. Let me circle strafe and cast simulatenously and be able to cast any spell (something nearly impossible to do with WASD) the only problem I had was that it would be hard to see CC timers on hidden pages so I pulled them out to buttons that I could see the CD's on.

The thumb modifiers on this keyboard look useful, the thumb is underused on a keyboard

Tags: Add Tags