1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Carcharias Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 21 Jan 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yes, cost. That little bit that can make something entirely not worth it. You can buy a top of the line headset like that Carcharias which lets you hear the game, talk to your team and doesn't hurt your ears for $70. And what you're missing is that this is what headsets are for. It is not the same market as headphones, headsets are not for listening. I suppose you could listen with them, I happen to use a seperate set of speakers for music and movies, but it's not the primary use.

Perhaps by some miracle Unicorn or knuck will come by and help shed some light, but I'll try to explain. Headsets are targetted for people who game first, everything else second. It doesn't matter how rich your bass is or how crisp your mids are, as long as you can tell each sound from the other. It's much like graphics, low settings tell you everything you need to see. Anything else is at your discretion to buy a more powerful computer capable of running them at a reasonable frame rate.

There may indeed be some people who want high quality sound and also put their games first. But, exactly as you say, it's going to cost. It's not a strictly superior option.

2. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

Bought myself these bad boys a couple of weeks ago. All I can say is that I'm very impressed with them. I've always been a tad reluctant to fork out a fairly large sum of money for headphones. But my old sony ones died and thought I would splash out a little.

Comfort is definitely 10/10. Although the headphones are massive you don't feel them at all.

Overall sound quality is excellent. Music, games and movies all sound amazing. I don't agree with the review saying that the bass isn't that good. If the base was any louder I think my ears would bleed!

The mic is fine too. Nothing fantastic to report. My friends can hear me just fine so that's all I need.

Also, the remote for mic/volume control is a nice touch.

:)

3. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

right I spent to days almost 7 hours each day with them on in game and on VT at the sametime.

1.) Comfort absolute awesome one of the best I have ever tried.
    2.) Although in game as which direction I was shot from not as good as my old G35 Logitech the sound quality is superb and yes I am hearing different things in game.

Are they as good as the best music headphones around never but for in game comfort and speaking on Teamspeak or Ventrilo absolute superb

4. Ahadihunter1

Ahadihunter1 New Member

lol about the name really, i wonder if their future headphones will be named "Razer Charcitrustykundoprueatus" ROFOLRFOLRFOLRF JUST CRACKS ME UP!!!!! :) :) :)
    Also if you focus you're eyes, you can see the Razer logo "666"... this part I'm really consernded of

5. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

???????????? don't think there's any anti Christian insinuation here that makes me laugh even more

6. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Razer have named everything they make based on predators. Their mice are based on snakes, their sound systems on sharks, etc.

They basically use predator animal names for their peripherals/accessories. Even the Sphex is the name of a predator wasp.

If you're concerned about something you "think" you can see when you squint, then I suggest one of the following:

1. Don't buy the item.
    2. Don't be so paranoid.
    3. Don't be a douche.

Take you're pick. I think you're overreacting slightly here.

7. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

My Pair are being picked up be scan tommorow. Mic died :( no reason and only 8 months old

8. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Member

Can someone please explain why i should opt for this one instead of the medusa 5.1? Seeing as they're both roughly similarly priced,both comfortable, but the medusa has 5.1 instead of 2.1.
    Any suggestions appreciated:)

9. Pughy

Pughy Fancy a game of Starcraft?

Bought this headset about two weeks ago after reading the review by bit tech. It's a fantastic headset and sooo comfy and I have glasses. Would recommend to everyone.

10. earlydoors

earlydoors Member

What's the difference on these with the sound quality from onboard and having a PCI-E soundcard installed?

Is there a big difference, or would the headphones be getting enough justice from the on board sound?

11. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

To be honest not much and actually gone back to the on board one.

12. Madness_3d

2nd Pair, Mic has died after 2 1/2 months. Applied for RMA. Why me...

13. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

not good mate. So far so good with mine. Got my Misses that green pair and she loves them.

14. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

what about these http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD900-Headphones-/220811086865

just picked up a set of nova40s that look mint with box and everything on ebay.. been watching for a good set since mine were stolen (out of production)

still haven't heard a headset that can reproduce like those old novas.. used to mix music and they would give you pretty much exactly what you had mixed in the wave volume wise

15. Madness_3d

Hate to commit thread necromancy but...

Now RMA-ing my 3rd pair of these, cable issues, first mic died, then audio to headphones died...
    You'd think I'm not careful with them but that's really not true :(

Ahh well, I'm guessing by the next time they die they'll be out of warranty and then I'll have to buy another set of headphones :(

16. Bede

Bede Well-Known Member

Mega-thread necro. Just a counterpoint to Madness_3d - mine have seen more abuse than any other peripheral I have ever owned, and they still work flawlessly as far as I can tell.

17. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

How would these compare to the Kraken headset? Leaps and bounds better or similar quality?

Tags: Add Tags