1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Razer Goliathus Alpha

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phalanx, 26 Apr 2012.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Anyone here got one? I'm torn between purchasing the Control or Speed editions, and wondered how they are in terms of difference. All the reviews I can find are useless, as they basically just talk about how it's made and how it improved their aim or whatever in games. I'm after proper user feedback on it if possible.

2. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I have the speed edition, it is sooo smooth :)
    I have heard that the speed edition is a better purchase as the larger divets and bumps on the control edition have caused issues with a couple of mice tracking correctly.

I also doubt that there is much of a difference in feel between the two anyways

3. suragh

suragh Derp

I have a speed and there is a significant difference to using a bog standard mat, gliding your mouse along it feels extremely smooth. Like the above post stated, there isn't much of a difference in the type of Goliathus alpha you choose.

Phalanx likes this.
  4. Phalanx

Ah fair enough, nice call on the control edition surface, didn't pick that up in my research. Cheers, I'll give the speed edition a try. How is it for control anyway, despite being for reflex?

5. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

Razer Goliathus here, its ok and does the job nicely

6. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

It controls very well, I cant say that I notice any particular difference in accuracy while playing games like BF3 when sniping etc but the whole process feels alot easier as your mouse is so much easier to move around.

Phalanx likes this.
  7. Phalanx

Good to hear, thank you all very much! +rep