1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer launches blue-hued Classic Series peripherals

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Wow, my Naga must be getting old. The mouse has blue lighting. On the upsite I get to be hip without spending money. :D

3. SAimNE

SAimNE New Member

YAYYYY. need a naga replacement but not a fan of green.... too bad i already got the orbweaver in green ;-;

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Do they still require you to sign up to/into a 'cloud account' in order to configure the drivers and unlock 'offline mode' (i.e. without an internet connection and an account, you cannot simply install the drivers and configure your device)? Because removing that nonsense would be the sort of 'classic' functionality that would take Raver off the Not With a Bargepole list.

5. Umbra

Umbra New Member

This^^^ and changed the back lighting on my Logitech k/board to blue, 'So damn hipster I don't even know it'.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Both my mouse and keyboard have blue lighting; must be pretty old then which is surprising as, if you were to believe the internet, Razer products don't last more that 6 months.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  7. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

My deathadder must be really old then. It's that same blue.

People love to bitch about razer, but their mice are actually really great. I can't however, say that of their keyboards.

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Staff

Eh, the scroll wheel on my Naga Epic died in a really annoying way. I mean it still works, but if you scroll down every so often it will scroll up instead for a single click or two. This makes it useless for anything requiring quick precision, and just plain annoying the rest of the time.

I've had my Razer experience, now's time to switch, hopefully to a brand that won't suffer the same issue. I guess I've had it for a bit, but I expect more than 3 years of life from a mouse considering I don't exactly abuse them.

Also the cable braiding has turned into a loofah thanks to being dragged past items on my desk (like monitors or merely the edge of the desk itself). It's fugly beyond belief, why do people make it out to be a positive? In my experience it just made the wire stiffer along with more prone to kinking and collecting dust. It wouldn't be nearly so bad if they just used a different sleeving material, like one of the larger plastic braids that you use for PSU cables. That would work much better.

9. hyperion

hyperion Active Member

Somehow it just doesn't feel the same as when bellbottoms and platforms came back :blush:

10. fodder

fodder Member

My Belkin N52 is blue, as is my Logitech G11 keyboard. I think my G5 mouse was born before blue LEDs, but still going strong.