1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Razer Mamba

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkLord7854, 16 Jul 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Mmm so I tried updating the firmware of my Mamba (yes, bad idea..) and I followed the extremely vague and crappy instructions, it started updating, and then the program crashed. So ok, I re-open it with my secondary mouse, and it says "mouse not detected" unplug/replug, nothing. Mouse won't even power on. The comp detects it, it makes the little "bing" noise for detected new hardware, but then says "Hardware not recognized."

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, leaving the mouse on/off and replugging/unplugging, but it just seems stuck in a firmware flash mode or something and refuses to turn on, it won't light up, nothing.

I'm becoming extremely frustrated, email'ed Razer a few times because by the time I get off work, they're closed. It's been 4 days and they haven't replied to a single e-mail.

Anybody have any ideas? Is there a way I can kick the mouse out of w/e mode it's in?

I really don't want a 120$ paperweight :wallbash:

Last edited: 16 Jul 2009
  2. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

TheGovernator and DarkLord7854 like this.
  3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Nice thanks, that worked.

+rep

4. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Glad you got it working mang!

Question, how do you like the Mamba? I'm thinking of picking one up for my i7 build, though I'm having a hard time deciding between the MX Revolution that I already know and love, and the Mamba. The mamba seems pretty nice, and the hardware-programmed macro's are tempting, though I haven't heard all that much about it.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

I love mine to bits, the hardware memory is great too, plug it in, set your preferences, and there we go, never have to rest em again even if you swap comps, etc. It's quite useful as I carry mine to/from work because I can't stand any other mice now.

6. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Hmm... I might have to see if one of my local stores has one I can check out. Thanks for the info. :)

7. crowmanuk

crowmanuk It's just for games ... honest !

I love the Mamba ... but then again I'm kinda sold on the whole Razer thing. Noticed Mamba selling for crazy low price in an ad in last months CPC ... was well less than £100 which I thought was awesome value. Can't remember the retailer offhand but will check tonight when I get home.

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

*looks at his 3 deathadders, 2 lycosas, and 2 mambas, and 3 mousepads* :worried:

9. crowmanuk

crowmanuk It's just for games ... honest !

Hehe ... Razer addict !

Went back to last months CPC and it was YOYOTech that were advertising Mambas cheap .... £55 !!! But looks as though they just screwed the advert up. If you go to site the are £118 even if you enter the code from the mag :(

10. Gerber

Gerber New Member

Hey I just registered to the site cus i have had the same problem only that solution didn't work for me. I am using windows 7 so i expected the drivers aren't gonna work. It's really irritating because it was working from the beginning until i downloaded the razer drivers

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Interesting as I'm running Windows 7 and it works fine with the drivers. What exactly did you do?

12. Gerber

Gerber New Member

Wow that is amazing because when i look at the reason windows gives me it points to the drivers as being faulty. I manually updated the driver but vista 64 bit was the closest driver support and it didn't work.

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

Did you install it in Compatibility Mode with Vista SP2?

14. Gerber

Gerber New Member

How can i install it in compatibility mode

15. Digitalize-

Digitalize- New Member

Right click the Install .exe, and set it to run in compatibility mode, then install.

16. Gerber

Gerber New Member

Its been identified as the freescale jm60 bootloader and the mouse still won't even turn on

Last edited: 4 Aug 2009
  17. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

If it's identified as the bootloader, you need to force the driver install to the bootloader drivers in C:\Program Files\Razer\Mamba\Bootloader, and then run the update again.

You can do that in device manager, update drivers, manually, and then browse to that directory.

18. Gerber

Gerber New Member

So its okay that its identified as the bootloader? Im gonna run the razer config to see if it can find the mouse..

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

You need to force install the bootloader driver when it detects the mouse as the jm60 bootloader. Otherwise it won't detect it and won't update.

20. TheGovernator

TheGovernator New Member

Just got my new Mamba today. Having the same problems as the rest of you. Couldn't get the mouse to boot up in bootloader mode but the solution above fixed it. Thanks JaredC01!

What I think causes the problem is that win7 isn't recognising the device in bootloader mode. I.e. it doesn't have the drivers, thus they have to be installed manually.

I'm also having the same problem with the base station. Stuck in "Waiting for the bootloader" in the updater app. It shows up as an unknown device as well, but win7 doesn't want to install drivers. Responds with an error reading "Driver is not intended for this platform." Talk about a dead end!

Any further help is highly appreciated.

edit: I'm dropping updating the base station as it seems that even if only the mouse is flashed it's working correctly. (don't press next when the updater comes to that part) Seems like there is no solution present until Razer comes with an update to the drivers. They are (gu)estimating to have official Win7 drivers ready for the Mamba 1. Oct. (source)

Alas, the mouse is now working properly with my steelpad 4d. No more of that archaic ball-mouse-ish cursor slide when the mouse is at rest. So the updates do work when they work :p

Oh. and the firmware updater I'm wrestling with is the 1.08.02.

Cheers!

Last edited: 1 Sep 2009