1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Razor wire

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 19 Jun 2008.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

The best thing is just a light. They know that when the light goes someone is going to look.

Also maybe you should mount the most powerful light possible just flush with the shed wall, ie right above the door facing down, and when the door is opened it comes on. That would be a blindingly (get it haha) good way of stopping them coming back. Obviously you would have to make it only come on at night, otherwise you might get a bit messed up trying to get your lawn mower out.

A high fence with trellis is good, when we had the police just coming around house to house to advise on safety (I assume they have to much terrorism to fight, or paperwork to do this now) they advised this. Its gotta be a good 1 or 2 feet of trellis though, because they need to try and climb over it, but it will just snap on them, either make them fall, get injured or make a lot of noise.

Or just install one of the fences thats in Cupboards avatar.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2008
  2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

you've all gone mad. bunkering up will never work, neither will an arms race.

Put up a sign that sais "beware of the nonexistant dog", take the stuff you definately could never ever replace inside, and go to sleep.
    There will allways be dipsh!ts and a$shats in the world that screw you over. Live with it.

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

And it is environmentally friendly too :thumb:

^^^^I vote this one!^^^^

apparently rose bushes and holly bushes make EXCELLENT defenses (with electrified bamboo spikes inside of them of course (just run the electric wire around and have it end on the tip)) :naughty:

Last edited: 19 Jun 2008
  4. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

You think we should maybe try and get a petition going to our mps about changing the law that protects these stupid theives?

5. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

You're right, but they will always go after the easiest target as well. The way i see it, there is no way to completely stop burglars without a police state, but if you have a secure house, they will be much more tempted by your neighbor who has **** security, and so will leave you alone.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

add a strobe controller to that and you have something that will make them very uncomfortable....

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

You'd be surprised how many would-be thieves a good lock actually attracts. "if he has 70.000 dollar security, whatever is inside must be worth a whole lot more!

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Not to be the bad guy here but what if - God forbid - something happens, downed power lines, broken gas main fire, flood, and the rescue people need access to the place from the back? I think getting/building a fortress would prevent emergency responders from being able to help. Plus I would worry about the legal claims against me if a firefighter got broken glass or punji sticks or whatever.
    People, stuff is replaceable - lives are precious.

If your neighborhood is that bad, think of the girlfriend and move!

John

9. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

if the emergency services need access from the back then they can use my neighbors if need be I'm building a fortress anyone know where I can buy some land mines, a few automated 50. caliber machine guns and a few WMD's cheap :)

10. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

Just redesign the yard to be a haven for snakes, foxes and bullet ants. :)

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. That's the whole POINT (as if it wasn't completely obvious).

12. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Buy a motion sensor floodlight, that way if anyone walks in the yard at night, they'll set it up.

For added fun - are there any windows facing the yard/garden/shed?

Motion sensor floodlights are pretty common, so it might not fool them.

So what you need to do is install a second lightbulb in another room in the house, one that you usually aren't in during the night. Wire that bulb up to the motion sensor. That way, they'll think that someone in the house woke up and turned on the light, and that it's not just a motion controlled floodlight.

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Powersounder wired up to another pir sensor in the shed.

the poor ******* will be deaf as well as blind.

14. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

I'm thinking whichever one of these crazy contraptions you decide to go for, it'll make an awesome project log.

"Day 12: Installing the automatic guillotine..."

15. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

If you want something from B&Q try carpet gripper, llengs of wood with upwords pointing nails

like http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...refview=search&ts=1213973347406&isSearch=true

and it's less than 50p a meter!!

Just simply fix it to the top or even the inside edge of the top of your fence so it's not visable from the out side but when you wrap your fingers over the top to grip the fence you'll know about it!! and oh yes there will be blood....

16. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Alas not, their statement was specifically that he couldn't put it in because it might injure a burglar trying to get over it. Thing is, saying something like that to someone with money and intelligence just means they think up a more inventive solution, in this instance, Blackthorn.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

causes more damage and pain.... :p

18. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Set up an ultrasonic pain field generator in your back yard, strategically placed speakers emitting 20 - 30kHz @ 120dB+ triggered by a PIR sensor.

It will disorient them and cause pain that feels like their head is going to explode.

Add a strobe light for more disorientating fun.

19. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

That would be hilarious to watch. I can just see them jumping over the fence, setting the thing off and then not being able to get back out again because of the pain!

Some form of deer-fence you be good. They can get in but can't get back out again!

20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

On the inside of the fence you can have all kinds of ironworks. Imagine the little tool jumping over the fence and impaling his anus on a decorative spike.
    You could also put bricks in along the fence sticking out at 45 degree angles. When they jump down they break their ankle. A cheaper version of this would be to put in a bed of loose round rocks, on a hard sidewalk surface. leaning sh*t on the inside of the garden door is an option too.
    I'm good at being cruel. Give us a yard layout, and I'll re-decorate a fine death trap for you.:D

Tags: